Calluses?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Benway, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Benway

Benway Guest

So, the last couple of days I've noticed these... rough spots on the underside of the head of my penis and pretty much all around the 'ring' (I don't know what all the parts of it are called), I'm circumcised and I know for a fact that I don't have any STDs and I don't use lube when I masturbate (which is often upwards of six times a day, I need to do it because it centers me for reasons I've stated a hundred times, now) and these rough spots are what I can only describe as calluses-- like you know how when you pluck away at a bass guitar for several hours a day and your fingers get blisters and then they get tougher? Like how people working with power tools have rough hands and stuff? Like that...

Yeah, it started like that, at first they were sort of like blisters and I thought I'd contracted some sort of STD/STI from a bad needle during a blood test or something but now they've hardened like how the soles of someone's feet might harden after walking on hot concrete barefoot for several days. I've been sexually inactive for almost two years, now and I was tested for everything a long time ago after that and it all came back negative. It doesn't really hurt, I mean, it's a little itchy, but other than than being slightly irritating during masturbation it's not that big of a deal. I never use lubricant because of how messy it is and I'm too ashamed to go to the store and buy it, so maybe I should start using it? Like, I can order that online, right? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

You need to get that checked out ASAP

3. Benway

Benway Guest

It's not a medical emergency as far as I'm concerned, I was just wondering if there's some sort of cream or something I should apply to it, or something.

4. Incognito10

If you're masturbating 6+ times a day with no lube, it likely is callused skin. You could start using lube and in the meantime use a moisturizer and give it time to return to the supple skin it should be. And yes, lube can be purchased online.

Usually, any symptoms involving the genitals should be checked by a professional, but it sounds that you are confident is not STI/STD.

5. Benway

Benway Guest

I'm more than confident about it, I'm a total hypochondriac-- I haven't had any sex in almost two years and I still get myself tested regularly even if I prick myself on a sewing needle or something or after routine blood-work.

What worried me was I didn't know that the skin there even could become callused.