1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to handle friends' body issues problems?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KingDavey, Sep 21, 2014.

1. KingDavey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted here. Going to an LGBT center, and being a part of the community, I've noticed a disturbing trend of a lot of my friends having weight issues. To be honest as a person who's super skinny, I know how less and less to deal with it.

I'm not in a relationship, so I haven't had to deal with it happening to a partner. But I've had a lot of friends complain about themselves being fat. I'm not 100% sure what my response should be. I just say "don't worry about it, you'll be fine" or I just listen to them and nod my head. But what should be my attitude. I always hear the whole "being fat is an unhealthy lifestyle" thing all of my life but for me I'm skinny. Why am I not fit. Simple, I don't want to go to the gym and get buff, for what? So why should I judge people on the other side of the weight spectrum for that and that was my way of thinking for the longest.

Then I read this article

Davey Wavey Fitness - Why people want you to be fat

Reading this made me realize I don't want to people to not care about their health but at the same time, I don't want people to feel bad about themselves?

Any thoughts?

#1 KingDavey, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  2. Swimmerboy

Its the American lifestyle really. Sit around watch tv, sit in your car, sit at the office, sit at school, eat processed nutrient-less foods, fast food, the same food, with no dynamic nutrient profile, "ill just get: my stomach stapled/weight loss pill addicted"... That trend?

I tell people who ask me about their health issues all the time: Get up and do something about it. They seldom take that advice. Its too easy to not take responsibility for your own situation.

The ones that can, do, and succeed.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Fat people are lazy and / or simply lack the will to do something about themselves. Such people are bluntly put... weak.