1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to reset sleep cycle

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AwesomGaytheist, Sep 28, 2014.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Recently I've been having this problem from the depression and I think that it's now just that my body has gotten into a rhythm. The last couple nights I haven't been able to fall asleep until around 4 or 5 or 6 in the morning and today I woke up at 2 in the afternoon. The one night that I slept normally was because I hadn't slept in 48 hours and was plenty tired at 11:00. The very next night, I couldn't fall asleep until about 3. How can I reset my body clock and my circadian rhythm?

2. Yosia

You sort of have to force yourself to go bed at normal times but ease yourself into it, so like go to bed at half 2, then 2, then 1:30, then 1 etc.

3. derek994

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What works for me is waking up at whatever desired time (I usually wake up at about 9:30). So you wake up at the same time every day - preferably early-ish. And don't nap or anything throughout the day. If you keep staying up late and waking up early, it catches up with you fairly quickly. You could be in a regular sleep schedule in like 2 weeks.

That's just me, may work, though!

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Force yourself to eat at the proper times, especially not skipping breakfast. Avoid naps so that you will feel really sleepy at night.