1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horrific Head Cold :/

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Joey, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    So yeah.... the entire left side of my head is horrible congested and feels like it's close to bursting. It's an absolutely lovely feeling... What, in your opinions, are the best remedies? I want to get this thing over with as quickly as possible because it is such an unneeded hassle.

Advice?

2. EM68

Try some mint tea. Its great for relieving congestion. Also try Zicam. Its great for getting over colds quickly.

3. Miles D

Sudafed worked awesome for me.

4. Vampyrecat

also - stick your head over a bowl of steaming (just boiled) water with a few drops of eucalyptus oil in it and whack a towel over your head to keep all the steam in so you inhale it. It helps clear out your sinuses heaps.

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something with steam should work? Some hot tea or hot soup would be great. I think the steam would help clear the congestion. As for medicine, I haven't a clue.

6. Louise

A cold lasts for 7 days whatever you do. The best way to relive symptoms is to dring plenty of fluids, freshly squeezed orange juice is good because although it won't cure your cold the vitamine C will help minimize the symptoms.Kiwis are also very high in vitamin C.

There are products on the market such as advil, sudafed, etc., but natural methods (lots of fresh fruit and drinking plenty of fluids) is kinder on your body and better for you.

7. TriBi

I just had one that pretty much turned into bronchitis...ugh. And I normally escape all this sort of stuff.

I don't like the Sudafed/Codral type remedies - they always seem to push a cold down on to my chest, so I usually get away with Brauer Homeopathic stuff - and some other natural pills with lots of echinacea, zinc, Vit C etc. I find it usually takes a little longer to kick in that than pharmaceutical stuff - but is usually much gentler on the system.

If I do get congestion on my chest I get stuck into Lemon herbal tea - with half a fresh lemon (no sugar) squeezed into it. Seems to work for me - breaks it up quite quickly. Oh - and as others have said, plenty of fluid and fruit helps.

Oh - and if your nose is running like a tap - it's worth investing in the tissues with Aloe Vera - and keeping your nose/upper lip moisturised - so it doesn't wind up all frayed around the edges, LOL.

8. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    IT'S EVOLVED AHHHHHH!
    Cold sweats, I've partially lost my voice and after walking around for some time I feel as if I'm going to faint. I hate my life... And I've got an exam in an hour that I have to take. I've resulted to taking DayQuil (which is a large step because I hate having to take drugs...) so I can take my exam.
    Thank God I only have one class tomorrow so I can rest :/

9. EthanS

EthanS Guest

My best advice................ eat.. GARLIC :slight_smile: