1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shaving

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by myra, Sep 21, 2008.

1. myra

Alright. I feel a bit odd asking this and I was debating about whether or not to ask it anonymously. Anyway....How in the heck, when someone is shaving "down there", do you keep from getting the little razor bumps? And keep it from itching afterwards? Is there any way?

2. Gumtree

There is no way to 'stop' them from coming at first.

You can help them by using good thick shaving cream, a warm razor and once you're done wash with soap then finish by washing with COLD water.

But after a whiler you will find you skin gets use to it and they go away, but that can take a while depending how frequently you shave.

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far to my knowledge there isn't a way to stop the razor bumps from appearing. Make sure you use good shaving cream and rinsing it all off well. Sorry to have more advice for you. :slight_smile:

4. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

well for me they always come if i shave to the skin. but if i position the razor handle downwards and shave in thet direction it shaves like almost to the skin but no irritation or razor bumps, but it doesnt look as good. its pretty much like a 5 day old shave or something.

5. sdc91

6. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

put after shave on the area after your done...the red bumps wont appear...and it will feel nice and cool after a small stinging sensastion

7. Louise

Warm water, good quality shaving foam, a new razor or at least a sharp razor annnnnd aloe vera ointment straight away after shaving. The best is to grow a little plant then after you shave you cut off one of the leaves, open it up and there is a jelly like substance that you can rub on the shaved area. Aloe vera is a natural healer and will soften the skin and avoid razor bumps.

8. LoveBall

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Exfoliate. Before U do it, and afterwards... with like exfoliating moisturiser/soap and a loofah. and if theyre still there a little bit, just use soap on a loofah in the shower. Will be all good =]

9. Emberstone

if you have really sensative skin, I think they make lotions for sensitive skin that help stop razor burn.