1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breast Reduction

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Maeve, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Maeve

I have an appointment this week with my PCP to talk about a breast reduction. It's been something I've wanted for a long time. I thought I'd have to save for years in order to get one, but I recently learned that Medicaid will pay for them if they're deemed "medically necessary". I'm sure there are a whole bunch of hoops to jump through in order to get them to pay for it, but I'm hopeful.

I'm a size 6/8 everywhere except my boobs. I'm a size 14 there. My neck and upper back ache constantly. I feel like there are lead weights on my chest, and it's hard to breathe sometimes. I can't exercise because my boobs get in the way. I can't run, even with multiple sports bras on. I try, and they just bounce everywhere and it hurts.

The only issue is I'd probably have to travel 5ish hours away to a bigger city to find a decent surgeon. I'm not looking forward to the trip back, lol. Also not looking forward to getting naked in front of strangers. It better be worth it.

2. Maeve

So, my first appointment is early tomorrow. I can keep you guys up to date if you want. Is anyone else interested in getting a reduction? Or has gotten one?