1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not feeling too physically well

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by pirateninja, Sep 24, 2008.

1. pirateninja

Right, well first of all, my nose is all bunged up, I've had headaches and I have a horrible scratchy sore throat. And also, last night, I went to a rock concert in the mosh pit (where basically you have a large group of people pushing to the front and shoving you at every oppurtunity).

So I managed to hurt my neck from headbanging too much, have rather large and painful bruises across my chest, arms and knees from the barrier, and a bad back from a large guy who fell on me.

So right now, I'm very achy and very irritable. Any advice for any of these, guys? Right now, I'll appreciate even the least helpful of advice. :grin:

2. First of all, drink lots of fluids to combat the cold that is surfacing. Drink lots of hot sugary things, like sweet tea and hot chocolate.

If you have one, put one of those microwavable bean bag things on the back of your neck, of not, a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel should suffice. Take a nice long bath, in my opinion, as hot as you can handle it without causing any damage to your skin, preferably with muscle-relaxing bubblebath to help your muscles well, relax...and repair themselves from the bumping they will have recieved. Also the steam from the bath will help to clear and relax your sinuses.

Lots of sleep, or rest, no over exhaustions, and plenty of fluids and TLC and you'll be as right as reign in no time XD.

hope you feel better soon, (*hug*)

3. Ben

Ben

It sounds like you just need to rest and avoid the moshing for a few days :slight_smile:

Some paracetamol for the sore throat may do some good.
    As for the bruises, maybe some ice or frozen stuff covered with a towel and put on the affected areas might help. And don't sleep on your front if the bruises are on your chest.... fluid could build up and things will take longer to heal, so I'd reccommend sleeping on your back

I think paracetamol and some rest is what you need to feel a bit better :slight_smile: (hot water, lemon and honey also helps)

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with Invisible. I was going to suggest paracetamol and rest too. And stay off the wine until you're feeling better (alcohol and pain killers don't mix).

5. Gumtree

Drink a lot of water, an electrolyt replacement drink is also REALLY good for recovering after big events.

Rest alot, if you can go without painkillers do so but don't put yourself through hell.

When it comes to aches and pains (unless something is broken or displaced) the sooner the start stretching it the better, esepcially your neck. Slowly stretch your neck towards the pain, what it hurts stop straight away - repeat every 40 mins. Do this for all sore muscles.

Take a multivitamin and keep warm. The warmer you are the better, both for you oncoming cold/flu and your aches and pains.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>And stay off the wine until you're feeling better (alcohol and pain killers don't mix).

Geez, why don't you tell her to stop BREATHING while you're at it?! :slight_smile:

Lex