1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valproic acid side effects?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by edy, Oct 10, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    See, I've been taking these pills for about a week now because I read this could help you to develop perfect pitch and foreign languages skills but instead... I've been feeling very irritated, sad and hopeless :tantrum:

I'm frustrated because I can't sustain notes with power and resonance, no matter how hard I tried, it doesn't matter if I practice every freaking day I just can't understand how the fuck it's done, I just can't figure out how you are supposed to sing :tears:

I tried working out but I run out of breath and stamina very quickly, it's like a pain in the ass... isn't exercise supposed to release endorphins? The only thing it does for me is torture me and make me feel like I choke every time I try to work out a little bit, I have rhinitis allergic and a deviated septum so maybe that's the reason I can't breathe properly. Oh and I also have a very lazy diaphragm, a heartburn etc :tantrum: see what I mean? I have a fucking JUDAS of a body :sleep: can't it be normal and functional? I'm about to quit music, I love it so much but it doesn't love me back and then maybe I'll kill myself 'cause what I'm supposed to do in my whole life if I can't do what I really enjoy?

2. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

They can do that? I had no clue. Yeah I have sinus issues too, working out helps a lot. If you're low om energy try eating more fruita.

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    It kinda works: I've been taking these pills for about a week and I already retained very useful musical information....however, I will stop using them in a month or so if I don't see further results

I forgot to mention that I'm a baritone... a fu##¢∞5ng baritone! I want to sing high but I only sound like a 60 years old alcoholic man yawning which is so unfair I mean I had the voice of a phaggot my whole life, everyone can read me just by saying two words and my singing voice happens to be manly? holy crap

#3 edy, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  4. Doudline

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Perfect pitch is innate - you cannot develop it. (And it has no relationship with your vocal range or skills, btw. Perfect pitch is the ability to situate notes on a continuum without musical support or comparisons.)

If a pill could boost foreign language skills, we'd know about it by now. It doesn't exist.
    From a neuroscientific perspective, it wouldn't make any sense for a chemical to specifically improve a skill as narrow as language acquisition and have an effect on no other cognitive process anyway. Absolutely zero sense.

Don't self-medicate based on stuff you read on the Internet, please.
    Take lessons if you want to improve your singing.

#4 Doudline, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps I'd state it a bit more gently, but I agree with doudline. A pill won't alter pitch sensitivity or accuracy, and the studies on brain enhancement are filled with contradictions

Generally it is very unwise to take any claims you read on the internet seriously unless they are rooted in credible, respected sources.