1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Pre-Cum Get You Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BoiGeorge, Oct 12, 2014.

1. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a bit of an urgent question: can pre-cum get you pregnant? I had sex 3 days ago and I'm worried that there might be a chance I could be pregnant. The first time, we used a condom and there was no unprotected pentration. Two hours later, after he had urinated (I heard somewhere that urination kills any remaining sperm in the urethra), I put him inside me for about a minute or two. He also had pre-cum at that point. I made him pull out after a few minutes (he wasn't close to ejaculation, but I was worried). I think I may have been ovulating that night as well. My period is due at the end of the week so I will know for certain then, but if the guy had urinated before a second round of sex, and there is a 2 hour break between previous intercourse, and I was ovulating that night, what is the likelihood of me being pregnant? I'm really sort of freaking out about this :help:

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Short answer: Yes, yes it can. This is why the 'pulling out' method commonly fails for most couples who use it as a contraceptive.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Short answer: yes, although the chances are a bit slimmer than with regular semen, precum can also get you pregnant.

4. Maeve

It's definitely possible. You can still take Plan B if you're within 5 days of having unprotected sex.

5. Ashley2103

6. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely possible. Biologically, the main purposes of precum are to neutralize any residual acidic urine from the urethra, and to provide for lubrication, however it can also contain small amounts of sperm cells.

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes.

Which is too bad because, it if couldn't, it could make the pull-out method effective.