1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ftms, what kind of binding methods that works for you?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Litveninko, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Litveninko

I used to use duct tape but it loosens with time and cuts off my skin. So I tried to bind with elastic bandage, but it doesn't bind well or give me the flat look I desire, thought I'm an A cup. So I just wanted to know guys what works for you. And I was thinking about the "tummy spandex" does it work? Any of you using it?

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Binding with tape or bandages is unhealthy. Please do not do it.

I use the sports bra method (one forward, one backward)

3. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a guy why don't u search ftm binding ? This is the website for everything u want . FtM Essentials

4. Acm

Acm Guest

Seconding what Ningyo said, tape and bandages is very dangerous, and definitely shouldn't be used for binding

I usually wear 2 sports bras. I did have a homemade binder made from elastic, but I don't wear it much. It worked a lot better than the sports bras but needed a lot of repair.

You could try looking into homemade binders if you can't get a sports bra

5. Litveninko

I know, but its the only methods I have access to it. And Sports bras are so expensive in my countery, I cant afford them.

6. Caillin

Can you buy an athletic compression shirt that may work, or you could also try just wearing a sports bra and a baggy shirt. Also please dont bind with what you mentioned its dangerous.

---------- Post added 14th Oct 2014 at 09:10 PM ----------

Do they have thrift stores in your country? You might be able to find a cheap one there.

#6 Caillin, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  7. Litveninko

I'm sure there is, but I don't know where. Sports bras here are usually more than 100 L.E and if theres thrift stores it ll be like more than +50. I would also get annoyed about the fact that im going to buy or wear bras. :-/

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This would be less annoying than the feeling of cracking your ribs from unsafe binding. It's important to bind safely, because this could impact your ability to bind in the future. It also could impact your ability to have surgery in the future (if you are planning on doing so). There are a ton of horror stories out there about transmen that have messed up their bodies by binding, and I'm sure that you do not want to be one of them.

I've heard that using panty hose has worked for some transguys, since it can distribute the pressure while binding. I also agree that I would try the tighter fitting athletic shirts and see if they help you any.