1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need more?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kimi, May 4, 2007.

1. Kimi

I've been doing some push ups, squats and sit ups to put some muscles on my body.
    But I guess I'm not doing too good because I don't see any differences:bang:

So the question is that is it impossible to have a nice defined body without going to gym? Or I need to do more. Right now, I do 20 push ups and 30 sit ups and 20 squats almost everyday(Maybe 5 times a week) and it's been one month.

Thanks

2. Blamblazer

Blamblazer Guest

A couple of quick things to consider:

1. You must not be laying down new fat -- meaning you must be burning at least as many calories as you are putting in -- to build new muscle effectively.
    2. Your body will need to burn off some fat where the new muscle is going before it starts really laying down the hard-to-build muscle.
    3. Muscle building doesn't happen in a few weeks -- it should take months to properly build up muscle of the right tone and shape. You don't have to go to the gym but you must consistantly work the muscle groups you want to build up.
    4. Only your body can tell you if you are doing enough of these exercises -- you have to push the muscle group to get more muscle building from it. Basically, you have to challenge it and make it think it doesn't have what it takes to do what you want it to and then it will start to build new muscle to accomplish what you want. In short -- continue to push it just one step beyond comfortable and you'll start to see a difference in a few months.

3. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Increase the number of "sets" of each exercise you are doing. When doing push ups, do a "set" of 20, rest for a minute or two, then do another 20, rest again and do another set. Work up to 4-6 sets for each exercise. Add variations of exercises to the same muscle groups (Push ups work the triceps, so add sets of tricep push ups) Tricep push ups are performed by placing hands behind back, sitting on a chair or bench, slide off and hold yourself up with hands, then lower yourself to where the elbow is bent to at least 90 degrees, then push back up. Hits the muscle in a slightly different angle then a standard floor push up and will thicken the muscle.

Do curls of the biceps for the upper arm too. This can be done with Books or get some dumbbells and use them. Again, number of sets needs to be increased. Add weight over weeks of time.

Abs- Standard sit up are ok but crunches seem to work better. Lift the knees up and hands behind the head, try to touch your nose to your knees. Try to work up to 4 sets of 20 at least. Then sit on edge of chair and place feet out in front of you, holding chair pull knees up to chest and back down. 4 sets of 20. Then lay on floor and place hands behind your head. As you bring up your left knee, rise you torso and try to touch you knee with your right elbow, do the same with the opposite side of the body for a 4 set of 20. This works the oblique muscles and will flatten the stomach. Don't over do it, as if you do, the obliques will enlarge enough to increase the size of the mid side areas of the abdomen.

Squats are fine, just don't break the 90 degree angle, otherwise problems with the knees can begin. Do Sets again. Also do lunges, by stepping out with an large step forward then bend the knee. Different angles again for development of the legs, but also the buttocks.

These are but a few exercises you can do. Check with Amazon and see if there are books for doing what are called floor exercises for bodybuilding. Most people will hit some of the main muscles in the front of the body and look good from that view, but you need to also hit the back muscles to give proper balance to your look. The "Arnold" had a book out many years ago devoted to floor exercises, but I don't know if it is still in print. If not, Amazon can do a search for you and see if one is available.

You should begin to see results in 6 weeks, working out at least 5 days a week, but you need to take at least one day off, best two for healing and rest. Otherwise you can get into "over training" and you will gain nothing, but may actually loose what you have gained. Also increase your protein intake a bit more and less simple sugars (soda, candy, white flour).

Hope this helps.

4. Kimi

Ok, maybe I need more work outs definitely. I just did 20 or 30 and that was it. I'll definetely do some sets. I'm slim build now so I don't think I have much fats on my body to burn and I don't eat too much so I don't think that's the case.

I'm using crunch bench so I think I'm doing crunches...I guess.
    Tricep push ups...sounds hard but I will try that tomorrow.
    I have some protein shake in my closet(I used be in sports club and my coach made me drink them) I think I'm gonna drink that again...(Not my favorite drink though)

Thanks guys!!! I can't wait to see the difference on my body!!!!!!!!!
    (*hug*) (*hug*) :kiss: :kiss:

5. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mmmm... I think I'm going to use that routine.

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, I've done it. My body is probably going to ache all over tomorrow morning... but everything has a price.