1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unhappy with my figure

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by FabulousQueen, Oct 20, 2014.

1. FabulousQueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Recently, I've become unhappy with my figure. I'm 12 stone 4 and a height of 5 foot 8/9 also I am 14 male. Whenever I wear anything I'm always concious of my weight. So I tend to wear Jackets CONSTANTLY to cover up. When I wear Skinny Jeans, the front side of me looks fine but my ass is huge :frowning2:. Of course I'm gay and am very self-concious when people walk behind me. No matter how much I think 'Don't care what they think' it always gets to me. :help::bang::bang::bang::bang:

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, dude. Sorry to hear you have to deal with self-image issues - those are terrible.

My advice is to act. Exercise. Eat healthier foods. Instead of jumping right into it, like deciding to run a mile everyday or substitute one of your favorite meals with a salad, go slowly, or you'll be tempted to quit.

Maybe, if you have a choice to sit down or walk during a physical education class, walk as long as you can before sitting back down. Don't try to walk fast - just walk at a leisurely pace. Do this for a while until it becomes a habit, and then pick up your pace. Repeat, and then keep moving it up until you're able to run a few laps.

If you're self-conscious, do it at home.

The same applies to food. If you drink, say, a pop/soda/sugary drink every day, first try to drink water and healthier things every other day or even every other two days. Then, slowly stop drinking so much pop.

I also have to add that gaining weight is not always a bad things, and losing weight is not always a good thing. Genetics and other factors do come into play when it comes to your weight, and what is a healthy weight for me will not be a healthy weight for somebody else.

The problem here, I believe, is less about your appearance and more about your health. No one should judge you for how you look like - or your health, for that matter - but it's important to keep your body healthy.

But you probably heard that a billion times, so I'll spare you the lecture. You probably already know, anyway.

It's really, really hard to get into a schedule, so try using this site: http://www.habitrpg.com

It's more effective if you like RPG games. lol. But give it a try anyways. It motivates you to complete a goal each day.

And, last but not least, you are not alone. We're here to support you, no matter how you look like.

Good luck.

3. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Exercise and healthy food, and most importantly, get off the damn monitor (applies only if you spend hours watching TV/on your laptop etc.). You'll see slight changes in about 4 weeks, and should have reduced weight considerably after 6 months.

4. shinji

shinji Guest

Dear lord... doesn't anyone use normal measurements, like... had to google this stuff for ages.

Your measurements are somewhat high, but not something that would absolutely "have" to be corrected, right away. I mean, it's good if you do take some action towards losing some of the weight, but... it's not too much.

Skinny jeans tend to "lift" the "backside" and also depending on what your body is like, can produce somewhat of a "muffin top". I'd stay away from those, until you've made progress with the weight loss.

As for the top, stop piling on clothes, the less you wear, the slimmer you will look. Go for darker solid colors, without graphics and useless patterns. Wear fitted clothes (not standard square cutout, but slim fit at the waist, if this makes sense) Don't buy excessively large clothes, those WILL make you look bigger.

Jeans, clear dark ones. Don't go for skinny jeans, but, maybe something in between, or at least make sure if it's skinny "jeans" they are from lycra.

Work on separating top from lower body, don't wear all one color, also make sure your shoes/sneakers are contrasting with your jeans and match your belt. At this point i'd consider wearing shirts slightly tucked in, as opposed to over the belt. Over the belt can be hot, if you wear a really skinny shirt, that exposes the belt line, otherwise it looks weird.