1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Marks

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Alabastair, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Alabastair

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have strange lines on my skin on my inner thighs. They are raised and red. A couple days a go dots were appearing on them. I thought they were stretch marks but I have have no idea how I got them. My skin is pretty elastic. I have had no recent weight gains (I have actually lost weight). I am 5' 5.5"/166cm and 130lbs/61.2kg. I showed them to my mother, and she says they do not look like stretch marks. They aren't causing me pain or anything, but I would like to know what they are and how to get them to disappear. They have been there for several months and they are not fading. Is the stretching of my legs in ballet class to blame or is something else causing it? Thanks for any help!

2. Vampyrecat

Believe it or not you can actually have raised stretch marks - I have them on my breasts, hips and thighs. They don't hurt and they do fade with time. Mine are now a silvery purple and barely noticeable.

This could also be spider veins - in which case they won't go away and you'll need to go to a doctor to see how you can get them removed.

It's probably a good idea to go to the doctor if you're worried though.

3. Alabastair

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dun get how I got them though? I don't wanna get anymore, kids bully me enough at school without finding something else to use against me. :frowning2:

4. Vampyrecat

They can just happen. There's not really a specific cause. And there's nothing you can do much to stop them from happening.
    One thing I've found helped mine a lot was to buy Vitamin E capsules, because Vitamin E helps keep your skin very supple (flexible) which for some reason helps stretch marks.
    Also Massage the area where you're getting these marks, gently with a loofah or something - this will help bring blood flow to the area.

And just so you know - nearly everyone has a few stretch marks. If these people have a go at you - either walk away and ignore it or walk away and tell someone.
    You shouldn't be made to feel bad about yourself. No matter what the cause is for your bullying.