1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help- toe issue

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kizz, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably not the right place, but hey, a health place is a health place.
    Also, sorta disgusting topic.

A while back in early august, my big toe acted up. Thinking it was a blister, I kept trying to fix it with a needle, as my parents told me.

As it turns out, that fucked over my toe a bit, and it was infected. I realised that the toenail was actually growing into my toe, so I cut it short, and went from there, keeping it short. Problem is, it kept growing, and my toe swelled somewhat.

After a month, I went to the doctors, as it was still there. I got some medicine, and was on that for four weeks. It did next to nothing, and the cycle of trying to cut the nail before it re-entered the swelling continued.

So, here I am now. I am no longer able to access the left side of my nail to cut it, as it's been cut very short already. On Monday, I'm visiting the doctors again. But is there anything I can do in the meantime to try and get it under control

as of right now, I've got my foot in water, hoping to soften it up enough to wedge in the nail scissors, and cut some of the nail out again. But it's been getting harder and more painful to do so the last few weeks. Now it simply isn't budging.

Thanks in advance for any replies, and sorry about the subject matter x_x

#1 Kizz, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may be better to consult a dermatologist than your regular doctor, they specialize in that too!

3. Mangaholic

Mangaholic Guest

You want to guide how the toenail grows by lifting it and putting some cotton (or something) slightly under it. This will allow the skin/toe to heal since the toenail isn't digging into it, and the toenail should go back to normal.
    [​IMG]

[Don't cut it before it begins to dig in since it will just keep coming back. And you probably should get some more amoxicillin or whatever]

#3 Mangaholic, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
  4. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The entire leftmost side of my nail isn't even visible anymore. No hope to slide anything under it, be it nail scissors or cotton. ._.

I don't even think we have one around. Still, I'll have a check.

5. Mangaholic

Mangaholic Guest

Well, sh*t. You should definitely see a doctor or podiatrist (might need minor surgery) :thumbsup:

But for now I guess you can just soak it (like you are already doing) in warm water, wear loose-fitting shoes and buy some painkillers.

#5 Mangaholic, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
  6. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. It's not as bad as it sounds, but it's such a pain. About half a centimetre of the nail isn't visible.

Also thanks, I'll try painkillers. Though I don't tend to get along well with medicines,