1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REALLY sore back

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Helen, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Helen

Helen Guest

Kay, well, as the title suggests, my back's been hurting a lot since I got back from Mauritius.

It was hurting loads before as well, but then it went away. It's in my lower back, and it hurts when I bend over, basically.

I have a fairly good posture, and although I'm in my computer chair for a lot of the day, I don't slouch, and if I'm not upright, I'm sitting literally IN my chair with my legs crossed, or just leaning back, like I am now, as it happens :slight_smile:

Thing is, I do tend to bend over quite a lot in my day-to-day life (take that as you will, but I'm really quite an innocent little thing XD). I spent the summer in London sitting on a bed with my laptop, and that was when I slouched, could it be to do with that?

2. *holds up massage oils :grin:*

Slouching never helps a sore back but sometimes you only think of this afterwards lol. Some gentle stretching may help, and have a long soak in the bath with muscle relaxing bubble bath, use a hot water bottle to loosen the muscles, and hopefully your back will start to feel better. But yeah, just try to keep going as normal, making exceptions for your back won't help in the long run, but don't overdo it either.

Hope you feel better soon Helen.

(*hug*)

3. Alexander

I have the same problem. If you put your feet up at night, the stress will loosen up overnight :]

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Put an ice pack on in Helen. Do it three or four times during the day for about 10 minutes at a time. It should help!

5. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just sounds like some sort of stained back, darling... You've not complained of it before, it was brought on by all that walking with a backpack, so it'll clear. Just take it easy and take hot baths/ice-packs/putting your feet up in bed all sound like ace ideas...

(*hug*) Hope it feels better soooooooon!