1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have a third degree burn?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GayNurse95, Nov 8, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have burn on my middle right finger. I have been putting on many laters of a liquid bandage an it stings, but stops after a few seconds. I put on antibiotic ointment for it and wash it. It hurts when I wash exposed skin. The area around it doesn't hurt that much when I press around it. The surrounding skin is a little red. The inside is a fleshy pink. There are some parts that are a thick white/cream color. It is raised. There is clear liquid that keeps coming out of it. It hurts some times. Its te size of a quarter.
    Is it a third degree burn? What should I do about it?

2. Yosia

Sound just like a normal burn to me. The clear liquid sounds a bit weird but thats the only thing which was different to when i burnt my finger a few days ago. By all means, go to the doctor if you are concerned though.

3. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is creamy skin color thats raised normal?
    I don't feel wierd. Just hope it doesn't take too long to heal.

4. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It doesn't sound like a third-degree. I would guess that it's probably a second. The raised skin is probably just blistering, and that would be the nasty pus as well. If it were a third-degree, the skin itself would be burned away and blackened, and you may not feel anything because the nerve endings were destroyed.

Don't pop the blister. Let it go on its own. If you can keep it uncovered, do that as well. That will help it to heal faster; burns want air to heal, and keeping them covered prevents air from getting to them. If you have some burn cream or some Neosporin (or generic), you might try putting that on it in addition to the antibiotic cream.

5. DinelodiiGitli

My sis had a severe second degree burn a while back (accidently had hot tea spilt on her) yours sounds similar (to a lesser extent) so I'm guessing that's what it is. As previously mentioned try not to mess with the blister, it'll go away by itself. Try to keep it uncovered (no bandaids if possible).
    Hope all goes well. :slight_smile:

6. Lipstick Leuger

Nope. The skin would be black, or have charred areas if it's third degree. A blister is only 2nd degree.

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I agree, it sounds second. Third is when the skin is pretty much melted off completely and in some cases the bone is exposed