1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eating sickness

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by biisme, Oct 4, 2008.

1. biisme

So, I've been feeling sick after almost every time I eat. I don't know what it is. It doesn't matter how much I eat: I eat a quarter of a bagel, I'm sick. I eat a piece of pizza, I'm sick. I have a salad, I'm sick. I have a pasta dinner, I'm sick. This has been going on for about two weeks now.

It's come to the point where I sometimes avoid eating, just not to feel sick. The day I felt the least sick was they day where I skipped breakfast, had orange juice for lunch, and then I had a grilled cheese for dinner. Then immediately felt sick.

2. epiphanies

Sounds like something you need to go to the doctor for.

3. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm all I can think of are eating disorders: you deny your body food, so when you do eat, your body goes into some sort of shock and you feel sick.

Though it doesn't sound at all like you're anorexic or anything... Take Epiphanies' advice and go see a doctor. It sounds really weird, cos you're eating all sort of food, so it's not a particular food group you're reacting to, I don't think...

#3 Rosina, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  4. I had a similar problem when I first moved to the USA. It turned out to be some weird stomach virus thing. Medicine solved the problem, but it lasted for at least 2 months :icon_sad:

5. KaraBulut

If it's been going on for a couple of weeks, it's time to see the doctor to have some tests done.

6. devushka

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    are you stressed out? I have a nervous stomach and this sometimes happens to me for a week or two at a time. For example, around exams or other periods of high stress (internal or external), my stomach will start to hurt very badly whenever I try to eat and I can only eat a tiny bit before stopping. This will happen even after I have been feeling hungry. Mine always fade before I decide to go to the doctor, but if this is new and you are worried, definitely get it checked out.

7. Louise

Going to see the doctor is definately a good idea, you might also like to look at your diet.

You mentioned bagels, pasta, pizza... all high in gluten/fat. When you mentioned salad was it leay greens raw veggies or pasta/potatoe/rice salad? Even if it were a leafy green salad, if you put vinagrette sauce on it your body has to process the fat content of the sauce/mayonnaise.

You said you felt fine when you skipped breakfast, had orange juice for lunch but felt sick after eating grilled cheese. Cheese is very high in fat, maybe your body is not processing fats or carbohydrates properly at the moment.

If this is the case you do need to see your doctor but also change your diet, go easy on your stomach for a few days, eat fresh fruits and raw vegetables, drink lots of bottled water and try to 'flush' out your system, as it were, of the build up of toxins from our modern day processed foods.