1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smoking Weed

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by LoveBall, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoveBall

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, I tried marijuana the other day... and I've heard that it can stay in your body for months. Is that true? If I get tested for something else, blood or urine, will they find out that i've done it? And will they tell anyone about it? Would it come under docor-patient confidentiality?

Any advice is appreciated. =]

2. Gumtree

Yes, it is detectable in the lymph system for up to 11 weeks post-consumption.

No, unless it's a criminal testing (e.g. road side swab) your THC record will not be recorded.

3. KaraBulut

There are three different types of drug tests - blood, urine and hair.

The problem with marijuana/cannabis is that the body is not very effective at clearing THC (the active ingredient in marijuana). It tends to accumulate in tissues and with increased usage, it takes longer to clear from the body. Most of the THC you consume is excreted via your kidneys, so it shows up in the urine.

With blood and urine testing, the result depends on the sensitivity of the test and the frequency that you've smoked marijuana. After a single use or ocassional use, most of the THC is gone within 7 days. However, THC can detectable in urine up to 30 days after consumption in some cases- particularly with frequent use.

With hair testing, it's very hard to get around testing because the drug is deposited in hair at the time that you've used. It has to grow out and be cut away- so it can be in your hair for weeks, months or years depending on how long your hair is. Some employers have begun taking body hair samples since many guys try to shave their heads to avoid hair testing.

Drug tests are expensive. It's not done with a routine medical exam. Usually people get drug tested when they apply for employment, are in the armed services or have run afoul of the criminal justice system. If you are in any of these situations, you should avoid using and being around people who are using.

4. Gumtree

You manage to make me feel a fool whenever we both reply to the same message Kara. :frowning2:

5. Adam

So, how was it?

6. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

lol i remember my first time...

7. LoveBall

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks 4 the help KaraBulut and Gumtree =] Much help. But, one more question, if I have a test, like blood test and they aren't looking for it, will they find it anyways? Like if I had an STI/STD test??? Just want to make sure I don't get caught out or somethin, but yeah. Thnx

As for how was it. It was MAGICAL, It'l like, I was thinking "Man, I'm not the smartest guy around, but I'm the f**kin coolest!" And everything you say., no matter how completly random makes perfect sense to you AND everyone else... Haha.

8. Louise

Normaly blood tests are specific, if they are not looking for traces of drugs they will not find it unless they have a common chemical factor. I don't thing a STD test will show up drug use.

I smoked pot three times in my life, three times I was sick as a dog until I wised up and realised my body didn't appreciate being filled with toxic substances.

9. JT

JT

My advice is don't even concern yourself with smoking weed. It's fun for a (long) period of time. But looking back, it's a money sink... I can't even afford gas right now bec. I wasn't paying attention to how much money I was spending on it. So that was my indication to slowww down, or stop completely.

10. SpacerX

yeah, you can spend so much over time. it's worth it for the fun times, but not worth it for other reasons

11. KaraBulut

You should never feel that way. I read all of the threads in this forum but quite often I don't have to post a response because the thread has already been accurately answered by another member.

Drug tests are expensive and they have to be specifically ordered by a physician. In the US, there are very strict requirements about drug testing. The only time that drug tests are routinely done is when there is a justifiable reason- this includes in an emergency room when a patient is suspected of being under the effects of drugs/alcohol, by employers in pre-employment screening, by employers when an employee has an on-the-job accident, by the court system in criminal justice situations when a person is on parole or incarcerated and occasionally by request when parents suspect that their child is using drugs.

A physician would not routinely order a drug (toxicology) screen on a patient because of the privacy concerns but also because of the cost.

12. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You shouldn't do weed anyways.

13. LoveBall

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah. I know I shouldn't do it, I just wnated to try it. Don't worry, I don't plan on using it frequently or anything =]

14. Janvier

Yeah, he could like... get high and laugh... and all sorts of terrible stuff. :eusa_naug
    Drugs are bad, mmm'kay?

Stay with legal stuff like alcohol, much less dangerous..
    /s

15. LoveBall

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha. You could say that, OR like... when your drunk, you slurr your speech and dont know what your doing, i know thart when im drunk i become incredibly easy to get with. But when I was high it was like,EVERYTHING, even the most random weird shit that was said made perfect sense, and it was just... wow. Haha. But nah, I'm all good =]

16. pirateninja

Consarnit, Janvier! You beat me to it!

[​IMG]

17. JT

JT

I mean, if you're going to smoke weed, just keep MC Chris in mind.

"Say no to cuttin' up lines. That's one-point-twenty-one jiggawatt jive. And I aint no Nancy Reagan, just sayin' kinda take it slow. Say yes to the jazz cigarette, say nil to the thrills of pills and blow."

I've watched too many friends and family members go down the wrong paths. I know that's not your concern in making this thread, but you have to be cognizant that once you start smoking weed other drugs can be more enticing (after extended use)... Or at least that's my predicament.

18. Adam

I've been smoking weed for about 5 years now, smoked pretty much every day through high school but not as much anymore. I don't do other drugs and never want too, they are stupid. I don't like to drink either.

19. LoveBall

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I'm kind of worried that that will happen. U start out trying alcohol, like premixed things, then it's no big deal when u pass out on a bottle of Vodka. One thing leads to another. yeah, I dont want to become a stoner, Just wanted to have a go. Yeah... Just was worried about IF i got tested for some other non-drug related thing if they'd find traces of it... lol

20. N3p7uN3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alcohol is less dangerous? Are you kidding? For one, it's proven that it's impossible to overdose on marijuana, yet with alcohol, you can actually die from being poisoned with excessive amounts consumed. Secondly, the intoxication alcohol makes is a lot less detectable than marijuana, hence, when you're high on marijuana, you are aware of it and able to compensate for it. Also, statistically speaking, alcohol and alcohol related deaths accounted in the US comes to be around 110,000, but marijuana has zero.

Another intresting fact comes from NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana laws) where a study found, "To date, the result of this research is fairly consistent: Marijuana has a measurable yet relatively mild effect on psychomotor skills, yet it does not appear to play a significant role in vehicle crashes, particularly when compared to alcohol."

Of course, it should be kept in mind that any substance should be used responsibly and with moderation. This means recognizing that you're obviously in no condition to operate machinery (drive) whilst intoxicated. (Hopefully, that's common sense.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.