1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are scars unattractive?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by joshy the queen, Nov 12, 2014.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so im not proud to say i was a self harmer but now that i started to date im scared that the guy would get turndd off by scars because not only i have way too many but my back looks like its so burned and still has signs of a bad skin and unmatchable with my whole body
    Bottom line is me shirtless = teary eyes hell my eyes tear when i look at all this shit how would a guy see it?
    With all the love i have and i show to myself but i hate the old me because those scars are not going away its been years -.-

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A good guy who is accepting and understanding would not judge you or be put off by anything so 'surface' as skin… believe me

I know people with scars and do not give it a second thought …

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All I know is that it wouldn't both me in slightest if my partner had scars, for whatever reason. As far as I'm concerned, the fact that someone has been through hard times and come out the other side is something to be respected.

I can understand why seeing them brings back horrible memories. (*hug*) I just think that if you're worried about what other people might think - someone who loves you really wouldn't care that you have scars.

4. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But i get turned off when i see a guy with too many scars cause i want to cry i feel like hurt
    What if he felt this sad tone that i feel for others like while making love wtf should i tell him ?
    I dont have normal scars i have big deap ones and burns too T-T

5. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It wouldnt matter to me. I'm the type of person that see's something like this and i just wanna protect you more. You will find someone like that in time :kiss: (*hug*)

6. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a Skin condition that can get very bad at times, I know how you feel. It really knocks at your confidence. but I've realized that If someone isn't willing to look past it, they're not worth your time. There are plenty of people that'll be concerned at first and be completely fine afterwards.

7. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i know that if he would mind such a thing i will kick his ass but im just talking what might turns him off but if just concerned like you said and maybe will try to make me feel safe with him more after finding out well hello baby
    until me and that guy get together i hope he is accepting i mean so many gay people think that flamboyant queeny guys are annoying he doesn't so i guess maybe a sign of accepting from him :dry:

8. bornthiswaybby

I have scars and I never had an issue. Guys seem to be accepting. Mine are fairly covered with hair though, I have really hairy legs so you can't see them. I'm sorry you had a rough time, stay strong (*hug*)

9. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People are turned on by people they love, trust me. He won't feel sorry for you, because he'll know you and how you've moved on from those bad times.

No-one has the perfect body. There's always something we want to change. Someone out there is going to love you, and your body, just the way they are.

10. shinji

shinji Guest

One of the models i work with, has some scars from a fire accident, and... it was kind of awkward to work around them, so as to not appear in photos, but...

One day she told me that she was fine, talking about her scars... and that, basically alleviated the whole "awkward" factor and it was all good.

The idea that i'm trying to push here is that, if you yourself accept your scars and don't make a huge deal out of them, then your partner won't as well. As long as you actually relay to him what your view on the matter is.

11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

If I had a boyfriend with self harm scars I would kiss them, then kiss him, tell him its ok, that I love him and that theres no reason for him to ever have to do that again. That's how any decent boyfriend should react. With love and support, not some idiotic display of superficiality

Other scars are even less of a big deal. I think you shouldnt worry about this so much (*hug*)

12. Otaku2014

I have scars from self hsrm and my gf accepts thst ive been through rough times

13. Adarya

Scars should not be something that makes another person "ugly" or "unlovable". If anything it means that the person deserves a lot more respect because for most scars are signs of being survivors. I would not be bothered in the slightest if my girlfriend or a person I was dating had self-harm scars, and if the person you are dating thinks that you're worse because of them that person is not someone that you should be having a relationship with. Anyone who really loves you should respect you and love you just the way you are, outside and inside.

Stay strong (*hug*)

14. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I don't mind them at all. It might make me sad if I knew they were from self-harm, just because I've been in that position before and know how it feels. But other than that, they don't bother me at all.

15. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That would make me sad I guess on an emotional level but it wouldn't really be that bad. Heck I always feel self conscious about my freaking skinny chest.

16. blueskies

blueskies Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've got quite a few scars from self-harm and my boyfriend doesn't mind them. He says knowing I once felt so bad I had to do that to myself hurts but that's all he's ever said about them. I would definitely date someone with scars, I don't mind them.

17. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mind them at all. Perhaps it's society that told you to have a perfect skin, but how realistic is that..? There's nothing wrong with having scars. =)

18. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i hope not Joshy, i have too many. not from self harm but from surgery and fights as a kid. my ex wife didn't like looking at them but i can't get rid of them either. i hope that whoever i end up with can accept me scars, inside and out, and all. i hope you can too.(*hug*)

19. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Joshy, my bae has severe scars on his one arm from suicide attempts. It just makes me want to cry and hold him when I see them. Hold him so tight to me he'll never be harmed They are part of who he is, and I accept everything about him.

Aesthetics are not nearly as important to me, as the feeling I have when he's around. He makes me feel on top of the world most of the times (when I'm not worried about him.)

20. Yosia

Not at all. ^.^