1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-Workout Choice

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by RAdam, Nov 15, 2014.

1. RAdam

Howdy guys and gals!

Surely there are some serious fitness fanatics on this forum, I hope ?
    I'm starting to take my fitness more and more serious and I wanted to boost my gym sessions.. So I'm thinking of using pre-workout powders to give me more energy and get more out of my gym sessions. Do you have any pre-workout powders you'd recommend, and are there any ones I should avoid ? I was also wondering if post-workout shakes are really useful at all?

Thx !

2. shinji

shinji Guest

I'd avoid all the chemical stuff they try to sell off as being "good" for you.

That is, considering you are actually going there not only to tone yourself, but to strengthen your muscles.

You won't get anything from the shakes and powders, that you can't normally get by eating healthy and smart.

So save yourself some trouble (and money) and keep it simple.

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am sure people will suggest whey protein shakes before a session. I never knew if post-workout shakes were helpful but I am sure someone on EC will offer advice.

Creatine powders also help with muscle building if that is what you are after.

4. Stoccata

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I personally don't take pre-workouts myself. I've never liked them. Might just be that I never tried a good one but they always made me feel weird.

As for protein shakes, you should try to take them as soon as possible after your workout. (Although it really doesn't matter too much as long as you take it within 24 hours.)

Speaking from experience I can say that creatine is an excellent supplement to take, and you will probably feel a difference within a few weeks.

5. Ticklish Fish

i personally just eat enough before workout (also wait a bit after eating to digest the food)

6. TraceElement

I like AdvoCare O2 gold and AdvoCare Catalyst.

7. Melanie

Melanie Guest

I used to take Jack3d (Creatine) but it made me feel wired and really strange. I took it for energy and it really helps with that when I was not wanting to work out. Its best to just stick to eating clean and portion control though.

8. RAdam

Thanks for the replies guys!
    I've tried healthy foods and even eating carbs before workout to give me energy but I just don't feel any effect and don't have what it takes to push myself to the limit..
    And if pre-workout works for thousands of people why shouldn't it for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:?

I'm thinking of buying either
    Assault
    [​IMG]

or

C4 Extreme
    [​IMG]

Does any one have any experience with them? They have pretty good reviews.