1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ouch!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Louise, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Louise

Just to let you all know Janvier is having his wisdom teeth out tomorrow. We have to be at the clinic fro 7 30 am, it's just over an hour's drive away so, early starts for us!!!

Its not as bad as all that, he only has 3 instead of 4!!!

Sooo, things are quite strange in France. He has to wash all over with a special iodene shampoo tonight and tomorrow morning, take his own ice packs for after the operation and a can of coke!!! I don't know how things work in other countries but it seems a bit strange to me.

Any kind words of support will undoubtedly be much appreciated.

2. davo-man

Ouch, I hope it all goes smoothly and easily for him. And I hope the whole getting up thing isn't too bad

Those do seem like strange things to do... I haven't had mine out, but I don't think we have to do those things over here...Hmmm, interesting

Anyway, wish him the best of luck from me :slight_smile:

3. epiphanies

I had all 4 of mine taken out when I was 17. Definitely didn't have to do any of that. But I did have to take a sedative before I got there, because I don't do so well with needles and such. Anywho, hope it all goes well!

4. *cringes*
    Ouch, I have a few weeks before mine are destined to be pulled. I'm supposedly only having 1 pulled but I'll make them take out the opposite one too.
    Saves having to go back at a later date, plus it would annoy the heck out of me having an odd number of teeth. ><

I wish you all the best Janvier, have fun. =P
    Oh and those do seem like strange requests, last time I went to the dentist they offered to do it then and there but I chickened out and got my filling done instead.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ah, the adventures of wisdom teeth removal. :grin: Adam and I still laugh about when he had his removed. After he came out of the anesthesia he was saying the funniest things. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Those people in there probably thought I was a horrible mother laughing at her son when he was coming out of anesthesia but it was truly hysterical. Then when we got home I accidentally got the pain medication and the antibiotics mixed up. I wasn't supposed to give them at the same time. I gave the antibiotic first so poor Adam was in excruciating pain when I figured out I'd given him the wrong medication first. Oops. Luckily, he made it through.

The can of Coke is to help the pain medication work faster. The carbon dioxide in it helps the medication to get into the bloodstream faster. However, the difference between France and here is they ask you to bring your own Coke in France. Here they would give it to you but charge you $500 for it. :grin:

6. BeautifulStranger

I'm praying that I get to keep mine until I'm back in the US

That was my mom and my biggest fear about me going abroad, that'd I'd have to have them removed while I'm gone.

7. Starlight

Starlight Guest

Hehe aww poor Janvier, hope it goes well and your not in too much pain :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm actually dreading the next time I go to see my dentist, I have two wisdom teeth and I get the feeling that he'll tell me I need to have them removed :astonished:

8. Louise

Well we have just got back from the doctors, Janvier has a throat infection and is now on antibiotics so he can't have his teeth out tomorrow, he will have to wait until next Wednesday!

I don't know if any of you watch House, well Janvier's throat is like some of the disgusting close ups they show you of people's infected bits..... UGH DISGUSTING. Janvier came into my office and said, 'Hey mum look at my throat' I could have done without that! He will probably end up having his tonsils out because this is a chronic on going problem.

9. Amy

Amy

owy

i still have a while, thank God. but i think imagining it will be worse than it actually will be. of course theres the possibility of getting not enough. ive been put on so many pain killers, that i have to take 4 advils to get rid of a headache. >.< not fun.

cant wait.

one of my friends got hers out right before a show. then she found out that some of the oinment they gave her has cinnamon...and shes allergic to cinnamon. tech week was quite interesting.

damn right.

ill never forget the time kaiser charged me $25 for a fucking band-aid.

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh no. Way to get out of the wisdom teeth thing Janvier! However, I don't think having your tonsils out is going to be alot of fun either. Feel better! (*hug*)

11. Adam

I hated getting my wisdom teeth out, I got sick during it and threw up, and had to come back a 2nd time to get the last one out because I was in so much pain they didn't finish.
    Anyways good luck with that!

12. Loveless

Loveless Guest

Oh man good luck with that.

13. KaraBulut

Strange, indeed. At least they didn't ask him to bring his own scalpel and sedation. :eusa_doh:

14. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I'm 18 in about 20 days and mine haven't even started growing yet, or if they did, they somehow grew right :S .

Good luck though !!

15. sblvd06

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was always hoping to be one of the people who didn't need to get theirs out until they were like thirty, but the very first time they ever checked mine, they said i need to have then taken out :tears: Apparently they were growing towards my other teeth and would not only have ruined what my braces had just finished fixing, but they would have eventually caused the adjacent molars to rot and fall out (according to the dentist). So I got them pulled a week later.

I didn't have any pain after the first day, but i kept taking the pain medication, which was a big mistake. Each morning i woke up feeling like i was about to throw up, and eventually i did throw up one morning. After i stopped taking it i felt 100% better.

All they told me to do was to not eat or drink anything 12 hours before the surgery and to not where shorts (i don't know why).

16. Louise

Yeah, that 's Janvier's problem. He had to wear braces for nearly 3 years, his teeth were perfect but the wisdom teeth are pushing sideways along the gum and ruining all that hard work. They don't hurt him but he would like to keep his lovely straight teeth!

The dentist told me I should have mine out like 15 years ago, never did and as long as they don't hurt I never will. I'm much too much of a baby!

Normally once he gets over the tooth thing we will have to think about having his tonsils out, so maybe not the best ending for 2008 for him. :icon_sad:

17. Janvier

Wow, how come I didn't even notice this thread until now??
    Yeah, my throat is pretty gross but at least I get to keep my teefs a little longer :grin:

18. pianomike

i'm going to have out within the next year and am totally dreading it