1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaving

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Summer1110, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Summer1110

I know there are already threads on this, but What is your opinion on shaving down there for women? I feel like society says that women should be completely shaved but it is alot of work and i dont know if thats truly what everyone thinks...

2. Rainbow Kitty

Well I think it's up to the person to decide what to do with it.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I personally think It's gross to see a vulva that's shaved. Some people crave it, but I'd feel like a pedophile the moment my girlfriend dropped her panties and I saw...that

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I like a landing strip I hate shaving everything off , it's too much work and I don't mind if a woman has some hair down there as long as it' s not a forest , I'm not a fan of nature :dry:.

5. Summer1110

I kind of agree with that. Women arent supposed to be hairless down there after they hit puberty. But I feel like Im doing something wrong if I dont shave. I do think that the landing strip thing is a good compromise though. Is that hard to keep up with?

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

For me the best option is trimmed. That way is the most attractive for me because the woman doesn't look 'childish' down there, but at the same time she's not a complete forest that might make some sex acts harder. I usually trim and it's not really hard to keep up with; the only downside is it can get extremely itchy.

7. zkdorko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I shaved once.. and I've been shaving all the time since because it feels kind of uncomfortable having it hairy. Lol. Besides, I don't really want hair hanging down there while I'm wearing a bathing suit. It all depends on what you want though. You don't have to do it. It just depends on what you feel comfortable with. :slight_smile:

8. I am Kakashi

I feel like the last 2 or 3 years, society has loosened up a TAD on the female shaving issue, but it's still this weird big issue. I think you should do whatever you feel comfortable with, regardless of what society "says" you should do. And this applies to legs and arm pits too! You don't want to shave? Don't freaking shave :slight_smile:

9. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally shave. It feels good and I do it for me and no one else. When I'm hairy, it's really itchy and I feel uncomfortable. I wouldn't really care if my partner shaved or not. I hope they would respect my decision as I would respect theirs.

As for the "looking like a child" thing, isn't it the same with shaving one's armpits and legs? A woman naturally has armpit hair and hair on her legs. So, why does shaving your pubic hair make you look like a child while shaving other parts of your body does not?

10. I am Kakashi

Pubic hair is much more related to the actual act of sex, where armpits and legs aren't generally sexual. Although I do agree the whole thing is stupid.

I shave down there pretty much all the time, although I let my legs/ pits go for weeks sometimes in the winter. And this month I'm doing No Shave November on pits/ legs so I'm extra hairy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. whatever she wants to do im cool with it. but my preference is some hair there. if a woman wanted me to change what i do because she 'couldnt bare it' then she isnt the person for me. i wouldnt change what im comfortable with just to please her as she shouldnt for me. just do what youre comfortable with/what you like for you only :slight_smile:

12. I'm 17. I used to shave when I was 15, and a little into me being 16. I was always very paranoid about somebody going "down there" and being grossed out by my body hair. But now, since I don't mind body hair, I don't shave. It increases the chance of ingrown hairs and those SUCK!

13. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

For me it looks childish because of my ideal type of female body which is women with very small or 'non-existent' breast sizes (Generally I only like A cups). So if she had small breast growth combined with no pubic hair, it looks very pre-pubescent to me. In other words, I still want something that makes her look like an adult (Plus pubic hair is related to sex while arms and legs aren't, although I'm fine with body hair there as well)

I'm not saying that not having pubic hair makes someone a child or someone who likes it is a closet pedophile (as I obviously like breasts that can be seen as childish) just that it feels childish in accordance to my preference. Plus, for me not having pubic hair is kind of gross in other factors. I think vulvas look really physically unappealing, so having to put my mouth down there is extremely gross if there isn't some hair to 'censor' out the looks and texture a bit. I'm fine with people who shave, but if my partner is fully shaven down there, It's a deal-breaker and I will not have sex with her.

14. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always shave..so no hair for me. I would prefer the girl I was with to do the same thing..but if not I could put up with a little hair.