1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Throwing up green bile?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MerBear, Nov 22, 2014.

1. MerBear

I haven't drank anything other than water. I know why I'm throwing up but does anyone know why my throw up (bile) is green. It changed from yellow to green

2. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Green is the color of bile made by the liver, stored in the gallbladder, and upon eating is discharged into the duodenum (the first part of intestine located just after the stomach).

It can be a sign of a health problem, but it may not be. I don't know why you are throwing up and I am not a doctor. If you are concerned please seek medical care.

3. seeking

Sometime not eating anything and just drinking water can make you throw up and in that throw up can be bile. I would see a doctor just to make sure, but it might be just from you not consuming anything solid. Bile breaks down fat.

Most of the time throwing up bile is because you have no contents in you stomach to throw up except bile and other digestive "chemicals".

So nothing major to worry about. You might just not be consuming enough food and your getting nauseous or you have a stomach flu. If you feel it is neither and it continues definitely seek for a doctor's opinion.

Hope you feel better.

#3 seeking, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  4. MerBear

I took some pills

5. Benway

Benway Guest

Well, typically as long as your vomit isn't bloody or black you should be fine. What kind of pills did you take? Like Aspirin? That can mess with your stomach if you haven't eaten anything.

6. kumawool

It may changed from yellow to green because you're getting less and less to throw up.. Though green vomit is still in the normal... Vomit is typically yellowish greenish. Anyway, when you're throwing up, your digestive system essentially works in reverse. First the food, then the juices, and the biles. After the green bile, you may throw up black colored bile, though if it's black go to the hospital right away, because this is often blood.

If you're throwing up this much, you might want to consider doctor or hospital because dehydration is becoming a concern.

#6 kumawool, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  7. seeking

Bile is also used to reduce acidity. It could be 2 things. The medicine irritated your stomach and you vomitted or the medicine was too acidic for your stomach and you threw up.

Usually best to not take tylenol, aspirin, or any pills like that on an empty stomach because they are acidic.

I would say if it is a one time occurrence. You should be fine...if you keep throwing up and this goes on for longer than it should then definitely call doctor especially if it become black/red. Also look at your stool...if it is black/tarry you have bleeding happening in your small intestine or stomach, if your stool is red then you have bleeding in your large intestines or close to the anus.

Hope you feel better. Eat some bread (no butter) that is usually good for having too much acid in the stomach.