1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by bamboo5, May 9, 2007.

1. bamboo5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi guys.

I need your help. We're all around the same age, so I think I'll get the best advice from here. I've tried shaving my pubic hair, but when it grows back, it hurts because the hair stubbles are short and spiky. Is there any way to keep it smoothly shaved and avoid the pain when the hair grows back? Please help me.

Thanks,
    bamboo5

2. Kimi

I usually use tweezer and remove hair that I don't want.
    But I can do this because I don't have much hair down there and I do it every 2 or 3 month so it's not that frequent.
    It sounds like alot of pain but it's not at all......once you got used to it:eusa_doh:
    But it's great since it does not leave root hairs when you use tweezer so it'll last longer than shaving and it does not hurt when it grows back...well it's not really grow back...more like sprout.
    But when I do this usually it leaves some pain for few hours and skin becomes sore bit so I use milky lotion to apply some moistures and protection.

I don't recommend this. Let's wait for JayHew's answer:biggrin:

3. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Oh my, nothing like being put on the spot any, huh? Thanks Kimi, no good deed goes unpunished :kiss:

First off, there is no real good way to remove hair that is simple and permanent at the same time. Even with laser surgical removal, it eventually comes back in some form or other. Thank the hormones for that.

Trimming or shaving is the simplest means of controlling how bushy you want to be or where you want or don't want hair. After all these years, waxing of bikini lines is still done so if there were something better at a cheaper cost, it would be out there.

Shaving the hair cuts it off at the skin line or slightly below that level, but it has a point or coarse edge to it, so when it grows back it irritates the skin a bit, but usually after about 3-4 days. As it becomes longer it softens and is more flexible, so doesn't cause as much problem. Easiest method is to adapt an attitude of, if you are going to want things in a specific way down there, you will have to accept the fact that shaving two or three times a week will be necessary. In time the tender skin will toughen up a bit too, so there should be less skin irritation from just the shaving.

Problems encountered: Nicks or cuts of skin, ingrown hairs (hair shaft gets caught in the pore of skin and curls up, forming a pimple like eruption) multiple times per week it has to be done.

Other methods: waxing, tweezers- all effective and last longer, but hurt when done and can cause irritation due to the root of the hair being pulled out. When that happens, you get an inflammation reaction and will get soreness and redness to the skin for a few days. The lotions can help, but also cause increased problems by sealing skin bacteria into the irritated pores, thus could, could set up a scenario for an infection. Remember when the root is pulled out, the nerve and the blood vessel to it are exposed a wee bit. I would not recommend tweezers, unless of course you are into owies.

Laser I will forgo as it is expensive and I think most here would not be seeking that method of removal.

So what to do? Accept what mother nature is doing to you, adapted an attitude of having to make it the way you want but with limited methods, shave more often than once a week, etc. Good skin preparation is needed, so wash well before hand and rinse. Apply shaving cream and take your time. Each will have to find his method as hair grows a bit different for each. Then just repeat after a few days. I don't recommend shaving every day, again, you could increase the chance of ingrown hair or cuts or nicks.

Waxing is done every month or so and that could be tried. Can't use it for control of hair on the scrotum or the penis itself as the skin is too loose and thin and you could get more than hair removed from it. :icon_eek:

Lastly - trimming. Instead of shaving the hair off completely, you can trim it down with a pair of clippers, some electric and some are battery operated. Trimming allows for the hair to be long enough to not irritate the skin, yet cut back enough to appear neat and groomed, not wild bushy undergrowth. This process would have to be repeated every three weeks or so, but doesn't have the problems as with shaving.

Hope this is a help. End comment is there is little outside of some expensive or dramatic things to do to get rid of the hair patterns we have. Easiest thing is to be adaptive to what limitations we have, have an attitude of accepting what methods we will use to achieve at least something that will satisfy our want and what it takes to maintain it. After all, most of us guys shave every day and have accepted that for the most part. :icon_roll

JH

4. TeeBe

Speaking of ingrown hairs, is there anyway to lessen the chances of them, or decrease the frequencyof them?

#4 TeeBe, May 9, 2007
    Last edited: May 9, 2007
  5. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

The only suggestion I could have seems a bit anti to what we try to do by shaving, but try not to get "to close". If the hair shaft gets cut below the level of the skin, it will definitely not be felt for a while, but hair is not round and will pull off in one direction or another and as it grows, for the most part, rises out of the pore. But some will catch a corner, bend or whatever and turn away from the opening. The more cut below the skin line, just working standard percentages would mean more chances of developing ingrown hairs.

So I guess you could say get a close shave, but just not a really close shave.