1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other queer vegans/vegetarians?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by queerunity, Oct 9, 2008.

1. queerunity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey I am a queer vegan for ethical, health, and environmental reasons. I take a real interest in the vegan benefits to all three areas and also the intersection within LGBT rights. Curious if anyone else here is in a similar boat. I'd love to chat more about being veg with other LGBT folks.

2. Rubra et atra

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a vegetarian who for health reasons eat fish and seafood (due to illness I have massive dietary restrictions).
    It's the thought of how animals are treated before and during the slaughter that is a massive turnoff for me.

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a vegetarian as well. :slight_smile:

4. *Raises hand*

I've been a vegetarian for a few years now, mostly for ethical reasons. :slight_smile:

5. pirateninja

Vegetarian for five years now, for ethical/moral reasons :grin:

6. Im a vegitarian!

7. jazzrawr

I'm trying, but my parents cook too much meat for me to be vegitarian. >.< I pretty much have to eat it sometimes.
    I don't eat beef or pork at the moment, I'm working on going veggie. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Although I can't give up sushi. XD
    Vegitarian sushi is yummeh though :slight_smile:

8. Amy

Amy

*cough*matthew lush*cough*

im such a fagger

*sigh*

i am a partial vegitarian. i have been for several years, constantly getting removing of more and more meat from my diet, but i think im at a good spot right now. i only eat shrimp, chicken and some beef and pork. i find fishing and hunting completely disgusting and inhumane. i could never be a full vegitarian permenently. last year i was in vegitarian club, but it doesnt exsist anymore. i also did world vegitarian week. im also a peta2 kind of girl.

2 of my first cousins and their mother are vegitarians for ethical/moral reasons. my best friend is a vegitarian, and has been her whole life as she is and was raised hindu. another one of my friends goes veggie for lent.

i dont know many people who are fully opposed to aimal rights, but just couldnt be a vegitarian or vegan.

9. Techcompu2

I am 15 years old, 16 in February, and I have Never eaten meat. I don't eat any sea food, but I wil eat/drink eggs/milk respectively. My sister is 11, 12 in November, and has also never eaten meat. My parents each used to eat meat but individually chose to become vegitarians.

10. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I could never be a vegetarian >.< . I know that cows are f*cking up the enironment, but I'm the one eating the cow and getting rid of it :grin: . It's hard to get rid of the cows we have right now :X .

11. No One

im a vegetarian almost 2 years yay

12. Grof142007

I must be Pure Evil Cause ANimals rights dont even come to mind when im eating. I WOULD LOVE TO BECOME a Vegetarian/Vegan but i dont think i can. My Body would go thru changes 2 fast for me deal with. but i think i could seeing i eat like once a day :x idk

Is there a site where i go to to help change the way i eat and start on a path of it?

13. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah. 2 years in February.
    Watch videos of what they do to the chickens.
    :eek:

14. Gumtree

As much as I would love to go vegetarian (for health reasons) I would find it almost impossible.

I spend almost an hour every day at school playing with meat; and by god i enjoy it!

15. pirateninja

I'll admit, I used to love bacon. It was like a drug to me. But I watched the stuff on PETA and just felt sickened. So I stopped, just like that. And never looked back.

Funny story though, on the first day I decided to go veggie, I'd told EVERYONE what I was gonna do, so they didn't cook me any meat, and my grandma cooked me a pepperoni pizza. :lol:

So as not to hurt her feelings, I decided to reschedule my vegetarianism until the day after. :grin:

16. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I'm a vegetarian when I can be, ie when I choose my own food. But at home my Mum cooks for me and I can't expect her to cook separate meals for me than the rest of the family, so I have to eat meat at home. When I move out I'm planning to be a full-time vegetarian :slight_smile:

17. sparkyboyM

i just don't know how people can live without meat...i mean, no offense, but when i eat meat no matter how much i try i just find it very difficult to feel sorry for the cow when it's already carved up and covered in gravy...and other than that, it's already done for, at least if it feeds someone then it didn't die completely for nothing, and eating it won't make the animal MORE dead...

18. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Vegetarian. Going vegan in three months.
    Trying out the "Thrive Diet" by Brendan Braiser.

19. Derek the Wolf

I used to be a vegetarian, now I just don't eat meat often. I don't really have anything wrong with it ethically, I just don't like it much.

20. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's cool. So the whole house is vegetarian. With everyone being like that in a household there's definitely a lot more support. :thumbsup: