1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post surgery questions after gallbladder removal

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GayNurse95, Nov 25, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey.
    Im 19 years old and had my gallbladder removed due to constant trouble it caused. During the surgery, they also removed my appendix. They reported it was inflamed.
    It has been one day after the surgery and I am curios about a few things.
    First, they put gas in my belly to help with the laproscopy. How do I get rid of the extra gas in my belly?
    Second, how do I handle this pain? I already take 600mg of ibuprofen every four hours, but it still hurts to move.
    Third, why does my pee smell weird? It smells odd, like a sweet scent, but somewhat salty. its hard to describe but I don't know what causes it.
    Fourth, what constraints do I have after my appendix is removed?
    Fifth, I got photos of my removed organs and found that my gallbladder was very pale and had a spongy like substance inside of it. What was it? What was going on? Is it normal to have it be pale?
    As I looked through the photos of it I saw this dark mass in the gallbladder removal. It looked like a mossy stone.

Attached Files:

2. Gen

Gen

My, that is a lot of questions. First, I would definitely recommend calling a nurse wherever the surgery was done and they should be happy to answer any of these questions over the phone.

To answer a few:
    After surgery any trapped gases should pass through the body in the same way that natural gases passes. In the case that it doesn't in the next couple of days, you will definitely be aware from experiences cramping pains that one would normally experience from having trapped gas. Ultimately, it is nothing to worry about.
    Definitely, phone one of the nurses for this question. Dosages of painkillers are determined based on age/weight/etc, but we all have unique intolerances to medication. They might be able to recommend a higher dosage to help.
    It is very common for high dose medication to effect the smell of urine. Again, it is nothing to worry about. It should fade with time. :slight_smile:

3. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks for your help
    I love the pussy cat
    I love cats