1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird skin marks

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Vampyrecat, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Vampyrecat

I recently (as in tuesday morning) found these strange marks on my skin.

They're kinda round, and they're very pink, not really itchy, but my skin is flaking where they are.

I currently have three on my legs, two on my arms and one on my tummy.

My mum has discounted ringworm (she's a nurse-in-training) because the edges aren't raised, the centers aren't white, and I haven't had any contact with any animals (or people) who are contaminated with it.
    She did say I was at risk of Shingles ( I think it's like an adult version of chicken pox) because I got it so late (I was 15), but because it wasn't "localised" then it was highly unlikely.

She thinks it's stress - which would make sense - but I didn't think stress could physically manifest like this??

I'm not really feeling that unwell - I'm getting a few tummy aches but nothing major - I do get those when I'm stressed (I had an exam on friday).

I am probably going to the doctors after school on monday/tuesday if they haven't gone away by then.

They haven't gotten bigger - they've just kept popping up.

Any ideas? I have no idea what they are and I gave you as much info as I could think of which could help.

2. KaraBulut

Typically ringworm appears in red rings where the circle portion is red but the inner part of the circle is normal but scaly.

Shingles presents as a very painful blistering rash that forms in a line (it follows nerve tracks) typically on the abdomen or face..

My guess would be that it is a contact dermatitis of eczema. Try a hydrocortisone creme on it for a few days. If it doesn't begin to clear after 3-5 days, see your doctor.

3. Vampyrecat

coolies - thanks kara :slight_smile: Will do :slight_smile: