1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zit or Bite

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by vampireboy56, Oct 11, 2008.

1. vampireboy56

vampireboy56 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There's this "zit" on my face it's a bump it doesn't hurt unless I squeeze it, it swelled slighlty my left cheek, I put a mask on it nothing, a hot compress nothing, its red.... so my friends tell me its a spider bite, mosquito bite, etc but the school nurse says its a zit...by dad says its an ingrown zit or something...any advice

2. Derek the Wolf

Does it feel like it's under pressure? I think your best bet would be to wait a day or two. If it doesn't come to a head on its own or it doesn't feel like it's under pressure then it's a bite.

3. KaraBulut

If it feels like there's a solid center to it, it's probably a comedone that is infected. You shouldn't squeeze it or put pressure on it since that can force the oil on the inside further into the skin. Eventually the solid matter inside will move to the surface of the skin where it can be drained.

If there's no solid center, then it could be an insect bite but those do not typically happen on the face unless the person is asleep.