1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teeth Whitnening

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KatzInHatz, Oct 11, 2008.

1. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My sister might be thinking of getting her teeth whitened and I was just wondering if anything negative could come from this~?~! Thanks for any replies :grin:

2. KaraBulut

Is she considering something like Zoom whitening?

3. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not really sure~! Is Zoom whitening bad or something~?

4. KaraBulut

There are two different types of whitening.

At-home whitening is the type that you can do yourself and it uses mild bleaching solution and is very safe. These are the whitening strips and whitening toothpastes that you can buy yourself at a store.

The other type of whitening which is called "in-office" whitening. It is done in a dentist's office and uses a very strong bleach solution. They also give you a take-home bleaching gel to use at home periodically. One of the most common in-office whitening systems is the Zoom system.

The in-office bleaching is very safe. It takes about an hour and the person has to sit in a chair with lip-retractors while the technician applies the bleaching solution and an activator light. The usual side-effects are sensitive teeth for a couple of days afterward and occasionally the gums get a little raw and tender for a day or so. In office whitening runs about $250-500 and includes the take-home trays and bleaching gel.

5. Tim

Tim

^ I love when people explain things a lot :grin:

She asked if it was safe and you actually explained how it was safe. <3 when people do that. (Not being sarcastic either <_<) I just hate it when you ask a simple question, then someone answers it with a simple answer, but leaves you with even more questions, rofl.

Personally, I couldn't stand the whitening strips, they felt way too weird :S

6. pianomike

i used the whitening strips and they worked great, but my sister used the same thing and she says that her gums hurt for a few days, but mine was pain free!!!