1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti-Depressants & Anti-Anxiety

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ArcaneVerse, Oct 13, 2008.

1. ArcaneVerse

Ok well at the moment im about to go on Anti-Anxiety\Anti-Depressants Aropax (Paroxetine - trade names Seroxat, Paxil, Parotin, Aropax, Xetanor, ParoMerck, Rexetin )

so my question is has anyone had any experience with these or other SSRI's?

2. Jim1454

Um... I'm taking Effexor (venlafaxine?) and found it to be fast acting (in just a couple of weeks) and other than a bit of stomach upset for a couple of days, no side effects.

Well - no side effects other than the reduced sex drive and issues with 'plumbing'.

But given where I was, and where I am now, this is worth it. I'm a different person in terms of my ability to cope and my outlook on life - and I like me a whole lot more now.

3. ArcaneVerse

Thank you for your reply i appreciate it, I'm just really apprehensive about taking them but i know that i need to at some point in time. the risk of side effects scare me off a lot as well as the possibility of things getting better in a way because of how things will change.

4. buriedinhw7

Paroxetine seems to work well for most people, the only warnings I have is to make sure your doctor is titrating your dose correctly. Also, if you do have to eventually wean off of it, do it very slowly as the withdrawl symptoms are horrible. I haven't had personal experience with paroxetine, but I work in a pharmacy. I use to take effexor XR but those actually gave me panic attacks. Everyone reacts uniquely to the medication, so just monitor your moods.

Good luck! Also please be aware of any other over the counter medications or Rx medications you're taking as well. SSRIs interact with a lot of medications.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like. Calling your pharmacist about any concerns works too.

5. ArcaneVerse

Thanks for the info & the PM offer.

6. jeff72

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes I am on paxil and wellbutrin at the moment, and it has made me as impotent as a Nevada Boxing Commissioner lol (sorry line from The Simpsons) I am having some trouble with ED. If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?