1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mental Health Issue

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Compute, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Compute

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To give some insight, I have a form of autism which limits my ability to express emotion and feelings, as well as having difficulty noticing the feelings of others. Fortunately, I'm able to express happiness and humor very well and it has become my main personality to be very funny and cheery. If I'm sad or not feeling good then I've been told I just go dull and lifeless and people don't actually know that I'm sad, worried, anxious, scared, anything.

The reason I'm talking about this is because it also has played a big part in relationships and coming out. If I like someone, I don't know how to express love or affection. I also don't know how to express when I'm being serious even though I'm fully aware of all of these emotions. I want this thread to sort of be a learning portal for me. I just want people to say how they show love/affection and how they notice it in other people. Since my autism stops me from subconsciously learning these sorts of things (and I've frankly been too embarrassed to bring this up to anyone in real life) I'm trying to be combat that by seeking that information myself in a virtually anonymous environment. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, it really means a lot to me.

2. Itisthefear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello There!
    You mentioned that you don't know how to express Love or Affection, have you ever had a relationship in the past?
    I dont think that you should force your feelings in order to show someone that you want him, Feelings come out naturally!
    For example a friend of mine has a similar problem and sometimes i really can't tell what she is feeling but when she is with the people she loves she is full of life and she has a smile on her face
    When you meet someone i believe that body language is the 1st thing you should focus on, that way you will understand how the others will feel towards you, There are many sites spread on the internet about body language and how people express feeling threw it! i hope this might help