1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eating out causes tongue hurting

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Izobella, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Izobella

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know this sounds pretty stupid, but I was wondering if there are any tips for how to avoid this or help this not last as long. It seems that anytime I eat my girlfriend out, my tongue will hurt for days after.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's because you're using muscles in your tongue that aren't used to being heavily used. It's really not much different from going to the gym and building up muscle from doing a strenuous workout. It hurts for a day or three afterward, because the muscle is building.

It will go away in time, as your tongue muscles get stronger... and your girlfriend will thank you :slight_smile: You can also, uh, work your tongue out by yourself, when she isn't around, to help build up the muscles faster.

3. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Now there's one more thing to consider - You might be grating your genio-glossus (and part of your long inf.) on your teeth while you're giving her oral. I'm talking about the thin muscle on the bottom side of your tongue.

I know I have that issue - Stick my tongue out too far, do all the motions you do when giving a women oral, and I end up grating that part of my tongue on my teeth, which ends up in it getting very, very sore. Sometimes it takes a few days to get back to normal.

What I would suggest is trying to find the most comfortable position for you to give oral in, a position where there is no risk of you grating your finer muscles on your teeth.

This may sound silly, but I know it's quite real by personal experience!

Other than that, Chip's advice is spot on if it's just about muscle training.