1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long can I put off going to the doctor do you think?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Raceme, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Raceme

I've been having issues breathing for a good couple of months now, but this past week I seem to've caught something that's made breathing feel like pepper juice has been thoroughly applied directly to my lungs. I thought it was just a cold at first, but I had no fever, and then yesterday I started vomiting foam. The combination of coughing and puking has me so sore that even my groin muscles hurt. U nU

Do you guys think this is something that might go away on its own? I've never heard of something like it before, so I have no idea what to think.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go to the Doctor. If may be nothing to worry about, or it may require treatment. It is hard (if not impossible) to give you a diagnosis over the internet, so when it comes to health, better safe than sorry.

3. AnnoNemus

If you've been having breathing issues for months, you probably should've gone to see a doctor a long time ago. Some respiratory issues, like asthma, can actually make you more susceptible to illness, and can make illnesses harder on your body. As an asthmatic myself, the last time I got the flu, I was laid up in bed for four days because of it. In addition, vomiting foam is probably not a good sign. While I wouldn't rush right over to the emergency room or anything, I would set up an appointment for the earliest possible time, ASAP.

4. Raceme

Whoops, just now saw this had been replied to! :x
    But thanks for your input, guys! I just hope the clinic here opens soon. Healthcare is so hard to afford, especially around the holidays.

5. David21201

little late, but drink some water and get to that clinic! feel better!

6. Hyaline

It has been a few days since the OP posted, but it sounds a bit like my asthma. It tends to get really bad this time of year despite being on a double the normal dose of powder inhalers. (I take Asthmanex if that helps). If I get the flu or some other bug, I usually end up at Urgent Care for a breathing treatment. Typically I won't be able to stop coughing and I will constantly be clearing my throat because it feels like I am congested.

Best course of action is get to a doc and have it looked at. Call around for Urgent Care pricing. Typically here in SoCal, the visit is $70-80 and if you are having trouble breathing it is well worth the cost.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    IF you're vomiting foam... along with the other symptoms... this isn't something to fuck around with. Get to an urgent care center NOW. It could be pneumonia or worse, and could be life threatening.