1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How am I surviving on this?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Chriswe, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Chriswe

So, I drink waaay less water than anyone should. I think it's like 2 glasses of water a day maybe? And sometimes I drink a glass of milk too. That is basically the only things I like to drink. How the hell am I surviving on this? I do get headaches a lot, but other than that I think I'm fine. How is this possible and is it anyone else who does this?

2. GreyArchery

I'm in the same boat as you Chriswe - I definitely don't drink as much water/liquids as I probably should in a day. My guess is that we get extract water from stuff we eat, but I'm probably off in that assumption. Odds are we live in a constant state of slightly dehydration. I suppose I'm lucky that I don't get headaches like you do. Maybe we should try drinking more water - like get into the habit of drinking a glass every couple hours?

3. Raceme

Heh, I remember back when I used to drink literally no water in a day. I drank nothing but Coca Cola. Now I've gotten into the habit of drinking half a gallon a day by taking large gulps when I get thirsty.

4. Chriswe

Yeah, maybe we should. But it's so hard to change D:

5. GreyArchery

Ah, a fellow procrastinator! I feel you on that - every now and again I'll institute a new change in my life, like a new sleep pattern/habit and it'll stick for about a week. Then something will throw it off and I just don't feel up to changing it again. But, as I've been thinking about myself and who I am I know that there are things I would like to change. Guess I'm just going to have to kick myself in the butt to change.

Lists seem to help me, even if I never use them. But writing stuff down and then putting it on the wall seems to help me remember that I've got stuff to do or that there's a change I'm trying to make in life.

How about this: You and I are going to drink a glass of water before anything we eat. Odds are we drink something with food, so let's start replacing it with water! I'm up for it if you are :slight_smile:

6. Chriswe

I'm in. When are we starting?

7. GreyArchery

I want to say tomorrow, but every procrastinator knows that tomorrow never happens :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So how about we start with our next big meal? Mine happens to be dinner in a few hours. Let's aim for 3 glasses a day to start with - one for each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)! :grin:

8. Chriswe

Next big meal & 3 glasses a day? Sounds good to me. :grin:

9. DawnM

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You do get water from everything you drink and eat. But the waterlogged app helps me a lot :slight_smile: Otherwise I'll go a couple of days without actually drinking anything.

10. Vashta Nerada

To drink enough I started filling up a two-litre bottle in the morning and trying to have it finished by the end of every day. Probably kind of overboard but hey it worked

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your body is remarkably adaptable, and if you don't drink enough water, it will do its best to hold onto whatever it gets from food or other intake.

But lack of adequate water is really, really bad. It's associated with premature aging, kidney problems, and a whole bunch of other serious, longer-term symptoms. You can drink herb tea (as long as it isn't caffeinated) if you don't like plain water.