1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breast Pain

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by rhapsodic, Dec 14, 2014.

1. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the title says, I've been having a lot of breast pain, and it's because of my bras. I really need to go and buy out new bras, because the ones I'm wearing are too small and they are hurting me a lot.

Anyway, I've been having a pretty lazy weekend and I haven't really gone out, so I haven't really worn a bra since about Friday afternoon. The thing is, it is now Sunday afternoon and my boobs still really hurt, and I'm kind of concerned. How do I know if I did any damage? How do I make the pain go away? :help:

2. Sam I Am

Ah, the lose-lose world of bras!

Breasts are naturally held in place by a system of complex ligaments. Bouncing and moving can strain and stretch these ligaments, especially if they are used to not having to work very hard because you normally wear a bra.

I have, many many times, transitioned directly from my breasts hurting from wearing an ill-fitting bra to having them hurt from having gone too long without a bra and straining the ligaments.

The solution is to get a fitting bra. For the time being though, a bit of massage can help those ligaments tighten up, as well as relieve the pectoralis muscle which is probably really tense from helping carrying the load. Raise your arm over your head, then trace the fan of muscle that anchors at the top of your armpit and spreads out over your chest to run under the breast. At the area around the armpit, you can massage pretty deeply without doing damage, but as you move towards the chest and the area above the breast, make small circular motions (always rising upward - your chest has enough downward-tugging action as it is!). The massage will work best if you get can a friend or partner to do it for you.