1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking or Running?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by twospiritlycan, Dec 14, 2014.

1. I tried walking as an alternative to running since hearing about it being just as affective. The problem is, I'm not really feeling like I'm doing enough exercising because of it now. Am I missing something?

2. KrisBrooks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    However long you spent running, double that time when you walk.
    Or you can do as I do and run for as long as you possibly can and walk for a certain amount of time until you feel you can run again and repeat until you feel you've exercised adequately.

3. lilrocket

Walking is not as effective as running. Running 5 miles will be better for your overall fitness than walking 5 miles, and be a lot faster, obviously. Higher intensity exercise is good. Feel that HIIT and higher intensity training generally is best for developing athleticism, but needs more rest days, during which for some of them you could then go for the typical, long, somewhat leisurely jog, or even a long walk, with less stress on your body, emphasizing stretching pre and post workout always and taking care of yourself with a foam roller.

#3 lilrocket, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014