1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird dull pain in side

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by NotSureWhatIam, Dec 20, 2014.

1. NotSureWhatIam

I have an odd dull pain in my lower right back and I don't know what it is. I read anywhere form a kidney infection to a pinched nerve. A pinched nerve would make sense as I remember straining my back the other day. Thing is I don't have health insurance yet so I'll have to pay out of pocket for everything. Should inwait or go to the emergency room? It's only noticeable when I'm laying on my back.

2. shinji

shinji Guest

NOTICE: Not a good advice, but a practical one.

Gauge the extent of the pain and decide on the right course of action. If it's something that actually stops you from functioning normally during the day, then it's surely something serious that needs to be checked immediately. If it's just some random pain akin to that of a pinched nerve, then just ignore it and see if it wont go away in a day or two at most. Observe and see if it actually worsens with time.

3. TraceElement

It doesn't sound too serious right now, as it only happens when you lie on your back. I'd suggest stretch your back, take some advil, and take it easy. If it still hurts in another few days, go see your primary doctor.

4. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agree with the others. Give it a day or two (taking it easy and taking anti-inflammatories of some kind in case it's a pull) and if it's worsening rather than getting better, go to a doctor. Even if out of pocket.

5. NotSureWhatIam

Its been a couple of days, it only acts up when I move around too much. When I wake up in the morning I am fine, when I am sitting in the chair at work, either I'm distracted by work, or I'm just fine. I get healthcare on the first, I know you're not doctors, but do you think its too risky to wait until the first. If its a kidney issue or something? It hasn't gotten worse, its more of a discomfort than a pain.

6. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's just a discomfort and you're peeing fine (and the normal/right color pee), I think you'll be okay.

But if anything weird happens with your potty habits (either exit) or the pain starts really worrying you before then, see the doctor sooner.

In the meantime, just in case (I say this because of one of my own experiences once): Make sure you're getting plenty of fiber and water. (Had a diverticular flareup once that got severe, and I didn't know what it was. Google diverticulosis if you don't know what that is.)

*still not a doctor* xD