1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you act straight during rectal exams?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Wildside, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Wildside

Wildside Guest

my big problem is keeping a straight face during rectal exams (straight face??? hahaha, I didn't think about it until I typed it, but that is exactly what I'm trying to achieve is a "straight" face!). I have this really cute doctor, and I know it is all business, but the last time I got the exam from it, it felt so good , especially as he was rubbing around the prostate. I was leaning over that examining table and when he hit the spot my arms reached forward and my body trembled a lot, and I got an erection. I was really afraid that he was going to notice or get upset. I am wondering if there is a way to prevent that reaction, like saying the multiplication tables in my head, or is it just such an automatic physical reaction that you can't control it? I am at that age where I really can't avoid getting the exam, but I don't want to become the butt of the jokes at the clinic. (ooops, another UNINTENTIONAL pun)

2. seeking

What if you had a female doctor exam you.

Also massaging the prostate is very pleasurable for a male (gay, straight, and bisexual.) I think it's just a normal physical reaction, but having an attraction to your doctor might be making it more pleasurable.

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, I have been thinking about getting a different doctor, but mainly because I'm not out to my doctor, and I have been told that if you can't come out to your doctor you need to get a new doctor. they can't give you proper care if they don't know the whole story. so there is a gay men's medical practice near me, and I think I'll go there for my next physical. but I think all the doctors there are men. and between being able to get a woman doctor and being able to come out to my doc, I guess I'd have to go to the latter. but this is a GREAT suggestion, because I don't think that I would feel anything sexual with a woman doctor. well, but then again, like you say, it could be a prostate thing. it's not a lengthy massage, just a feeling around, but it was enough to have an effect on me. thanks! :slight_smile:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most physicians explain to their make pAtients that erection, arousal, and sometimes even orgasm can happen during rectal exams. I wouldn't worry about it, as he's likely seen it all anyway. :slight_smile:

5. Wildside

Wildside Guest

orgasm, wow, I would be pretty embarrassed about that. though a little bit of rubbing the prostate and it does result in some leakage. but I guess if it happens, there is nothing I could do about it. I know they see it all, but I knew someone who worked in a doctors office, and she told everybody and anybody about incidents in the offices. I remember one story she told of one of the female doctors getting a male patient with an erection (now that has never happened to me, not with a female doc). but she said that they were all joking about it and teasing the doc as well. you know, for them it is just a work place. I mean, I don't worry about it all that much, but I was just trying to figure out if any guys had developed techniques to avoid that. I think that when that area is sensitized to pleasurable experiences, it just reacts more spontaneously. I've heard some straight guys tell me that it is just the most painful experience and they always fear it, that the doctor really has to push and it really hurts them. at least it just opens right up for me. hope that's not TMI, but we're just comparing notes here!

6. method

Maybe you could try relieving yourself before the exam

7. Adam1969

I love this forum... the things people ask!

I act like a man standing in a thin robe made for someone 1/2 his size, standing bare foot on a cold floor, under super market lighting, who is about to have a stranger stick a cold, rubber wrapped finger up his butt! How else would I act... freakin frightened!! :tears:

Now if the doctor altered those criteria, turned on some Stan Getz and bought me a glass of wine and understood foreplay, I'm sure I'd feel differently and might actually laugh a bit! :icon_bigg

In reality I grit my teeth and pray the good doctor knows what he or she is doing!!

8. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What an.. awkward and uncomfortable situation. The only time I had a rectal exam was when I was 9 and I don't recall getting an erection. I don't know how I'd respond now - depends on whether or not the doctor is attractive.

9. Wildside

Wildside Guest

maybe the problem is that my clinic is too warm and comfortable. No cold floor, no supermarket lighting, a nice soft table to lay my torso on, a comfortable robe, and the finger was definitely not cold, but rather warm and gentle. well, I think it was his finger :roflmao: But I think that kidnz gave some practical advice. a little preemptive action could eliminate that problem. at least that will work at my age. It would not have worked for me when I was his age.

#9 Wildside, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
  10. OOC73

If it makes you feel any better, I did once go for an intimate piercing and the lady doing it warned me that it would feel pretty intensive and I should try to stay still.

Holy scrape-me-off-the-ceiling-extremely-painful-and-obvious-orgasms-batman...

11. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Agree with Chip... Don't forget he is a doctor... Human bodies are his daily... You name it...

You made my day, sir... :icon_bigg

Now seriously, I remember a few years ago, in the most innocent of examinations, I gave a sigh that was damned obvious, followed by a embarrased "Excuse me, it's kinda cold"... The doctor (young guy) was red on the face, I just wanted to dissapear... :grin:
    They've seen it all I think... And if you still feel uncomfortable, get a female doctor.

12. Wildside

Wildside Guest

an orgasm from a painful piercing? no shit? wow, that's cool. now I don't feel so bad. thanks.(*hug*)

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2014 at 03:40 PM ----------

and that's just TOO sweet!!! thanks for sharing that. You all are making me feel a lot better, and more relaxed. maybe next time (which is coming up soon), I'll remember these stories and just laugh! :lol:

13. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At my last physical, I started getting an erection during a testicular exam...even though the doctor was female, it didn't matter, it's just the physical feeling that caused it. So I started thinking about the time I ran over a bloody bird carcass on my bike...erection went away almost instantly. -_-

14. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, at least you didn't blurt out "just ignore that, I'm actually gay!". of course, if I had blurted that out to my doctor, he just would not have understood.

15. NotSureWhatIam

I think of dead kittens. :/

16. MrK21

I wouldn't worry about what my doctor thinks of me. I would have probably said something like "Oh my boyfriend does this to me all the time." just to see the look on his face!

17. Wildside

Wildside Guest

:tears::tears::tears: I would rather just get an erection :tears::tears::tears:

18. soulcatcher

Return the favour.

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2014 at 06:47 PM ----------

Well, theoretically the percentage of female doctors should be similar to the general female population.

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I just don't yell "deeper! deeper!". :slight_smile: It's a physiological response, and I'm sure the doctor's used to it.

Lex

20. soulcatcher

What do you yell instead?