1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smoking?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Trent13, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Trent13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok so my best buddies do it. i want to do it but im scared but im not sure wat of? To day they lit up some thing that was not a smoke but was in a way and i took a drag of it..i liked it. then a litle time after that i took a drag of a realy smoke..i still liked it. should i start?>:bang::dry:

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My advice: absolutely not. It's a horrible thing to start and you're so young. Don't you see all the ads against it with health risks? Hmm. It's not the cool thing and just because everyone else does it does not mean you need to start. In the end it's your choice, but I advice against starting to smoke at the age of 13.

3. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd wait until you're 18 to make that decision.

Even then I personally wouldn't smoke. The health risks outweigh the "pleasure" way too much in my opinion.

And Gerry, regarding the ads, we have HEAPS of them down here and the government have even been putting gruesome images of the different health risks smoking has on smoke packets..

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

No, you shouldn't start smoking. Once you start it is very difficult to stop. There are known health risks (lung cancer being the most obvious, which killed my dad, a heavy smoker, at 64). Plus it's expensive.

Just because your mates do something doesn't mean you have to do so too. Make your own decisions about your own life.

5. Helen

Helen Guest

Both my parents used to. My mum was a very heavy smoker, up to the point where she would get the worst bronchitis imaginable every single winter, and she'd get out of breath running for a bus. She stopped while she was pregnant with me, but when I was a baby, she used to hide from me whenever she had a cigarette because she was ashamed. :frowning2:

I really don't think you should start at the age you are now, if ever. From what my parents have told me, giving up is stupendously difficult, and you'll really really regret starting in later life.

6. george678

No dont start bad decision.

7. Mikeyy

no.

just no.

not cool dude.

i wouldn't kiss a smoker. would you?

do you want yellow teeth and bad breath?

8. george678

Same good post.

9. davo-man

No, don't start smoking, and especially don't start smoking as a result of peer-pressure, or wanting to fit into your mates...Smoking = increased risk of cancer of all kinds = pain = high possibility of death...Also, I wouldn't kiss a smoker either

So in my opinion...No

10. JT

JT

Okay... No, do not start smoking. I started smoking weed at the age of 14, and cigarettes at 15... I now wake up every morning and hack up the most disgusting mucus and other, less than desirable things...

It's not easy to quit, it impacts your health more than you'd believe, and in the long run it's not worth it...

I remember, back when I first started smoking weed, my brother-in-law and I were smoking together and he said, "Man, I'm not gonna tell you to not do anything. You can go out, have a good time, smoke some weed. Or whatever floats your boat. But just don't start smoking cigarettes."

11. -Michael-

Okay, im smoke.

Still wouldn't recomend it.
    Its smells horrible, make YOU smell horrible, doesn't look attractive at all and i've just noticed my fingers are turning slighty yellow.

I worked out this year i've spent just about £1000 on smoking...
    It's not a good thing.

12. EM68

Do not start! Its not worth it. You are way too young and have a long life ahead of you. you do not want to risk it. My best friend's mom smoked for 40 years. Now she has COPD and is going into a hospice. She has fluid in the lungs and she is in so much pain. All from smoking.

13. Mickey

PLEASE... DON'T START! I started at age 11. Let's just say I'm now in my 40's and I have COPD,which is chronic lung disease. I have been very sick from this. Smoking ANYTHING is NOT cool. You don't have to do anything,just to fit in,especially something that WILL harm you. It's a horrible feeling not being able to breathe. Please...listen to my advise. Keep your body healthy. What you do now,will affect you ,the rest of your life.:eusa_naug

14. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

No, coz it makes your fingers stink ~_~

15. Apocalypte

Please don't do it. It's a filthy habit, you'll find it almost impossible to quit (My dad quit smoking in 1987 and he still craves cigarettes), and it can make you very ill, as has been mentioned. It's also horribly expensive, and getting more expensive (€8 for 20 cigarettes here).

16. Adam

I used to smoke, its a waste of money and it kills you, no reason to start ever.

17. Derek the Wolf

My opinion: smoking is not inherently that bad. There are so many factors involved as to whether or not you get cancer (genetic and such) that you have no control over, it's not worth it. If you like smoking, then go ahead and do it. Don't smoke too much though, because you can kill your lungs if you go overboard.
    Moderation in all things, including moderation.

18. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    IMHO, smoking=death... that's really blunt, but there are so many medical risks, also, the smell of smoke lingers, it's impossible to get rid of, your breath stinks, your fingers stink, it kills your social life too.

There's a poster in my chem class that says "would you still smoke if what happens inside happened outside?" think about it.
    Don't give in to (negative) peer pressure.

19. pirateninja

No, don't start. It's incredibly easy to get addicted to it, and as much as many people say "It's okay, I'll just have one every now and then," it ain't like that. I think that people should have the right to smoke, as long as you are prepared to accept the consequences. I don't see why people would CHOOSE to start, unless they're curious and get hooked, but it sounds like you are making a choice. You can choose, but it would be unwise, considering all the cons, because you might get hooked, and once you're addicted, it's incredibly hard to stop.

20. george678

13 is too young to start full stop you will die young it it is probably like eating chocolate if you like it.