1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nipple piercings

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Maddy, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, in today's episode of "things I never thought I'd be interested in but am", I'm thinking about getting a nipple piercing. Does anyone here have one, and how did the whole procedure go? Particularly interested in any advice you could give me about the process and about what you need to do to take care of it.

2. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm thinking about it as well

3. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have mixed feelings about piercings in general... But weirdly find nipple piercings kind of cute o.e no idea why really. I don't have them or any kind of piercing, I'm kind of a painphobe in general! xD So sadly I can't offer any help.

4. wmb97

Had mine pierced years ago, and still wear the rings! Mine were done by a pro, and took a long time to heal. For years afterwards if I left the rings out for any length of time they'd start to close up. They still will close up, though I doubt completely anymore. I like them. Dont regret it. I had a Prince Albert too and still wear that ring from time to time. The penis, heals incredibly quickly, and stays open and is relatively pain free.....alot less pain than nips! good luck and enjoy. Anymore questions I'd love to offer my opinion/experiences! Take care

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks so much! My appointment's booked for next Tuesday. Quick question - would you recommend a barbell or ring? I think I prefer the way rings look, but apparently barbells heal better.

(I'll totally give updates about healing and stuff after it's done, for other people who are curious.)

6. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Okay I don't really have anything helpful to say here besides the fact that women look SO sexy with nipple piercings! OMG

I thought about getting one myself.. Either my nipples or my lip. This is cute/sexy: [​IMG]

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I couldn't do any piercings around my face. Partly because I'd be constantly fiddling with them, partly because my mother would never speak to me again, and partly because of work. Nipple can be hidden. xD

8. wmb97

I'd go with the rings. I find the barbells slide from side to side but thats just me maybe. You'll need to get yourself a small pair of ring pliers so you can remove 'em, replace 'em when you want to upsize, etc. My advice here is to go to a local hardware/industrial supply place and buy a small pair of "inside snap ring pliers", they'll know what you mean and they're not expensive. Maybe you know someone who can file/grind in a couple notches near the ends, make 'em even easier to use. U can prob buy something similar at the piercing place/studio but i'm sure they'll be more expensive and likely not as good! They'll probably be pretty sensitive at first and you'll have to keep 'em clean. There will be some scabbing/crust forming around the holes in your nipple(s) Have to keep 'em clean with warm water, keep the rings moving a little....thats about it really. I could use/play with mine inside a couple weeks really but to genuinely heal? I'd say that took months, and the nipple seems REALLY quick to close up again if you ever take the rings out. Mine arent so bad now as far as that goes but its been almost 20 years ! lol THATS RIGHT TWENTY !

I dont think its affected the long-term sensitivity or anything like that one way or the other but then, unfortunately, my nipples were never all that sensitive in the first place. If anything I find them sexier with the piercings!

Good luck and all the best for the hols

---------- Post added 25th Dec 2014 at 10:33 AM ----------

I see you're in Aus! You'll be better off calling them "internal or inside circlip pliers".......snap-ring's more a n.american thing.....

9. wolf of fire

I don't know too much about them as I don't want one myself but I will say be careful when changing tops afterwards in case you pull it.

10. poetofdarkness

My mum has one of her nipples pierced and she said that she had to hold the clamp herself while the guy shoved the needle through. She also said that it was extremely painful and that it took months to heal. She also said that rings heal faster and are easier to clean.

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ Lovely :/ The place I'm going to has really good reviews, both from the internet and from people I know, so hopefully it'll go a bit smoother than that.

12. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had my nipples pierced about two years ago, but unfortunately they closed because I had to have surgery. The process wasn't uncomfortable nor painful, which was surprising. Now, the healing process was kind of annoying just like with all of my other piercings, but it was also quite funny because I got my piercings during the winter. So, whenever I'd go outside, the circular rings would freeze, which made my nipples feel weird :lol:

I'd love to get them pierced again, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

#12 pinklov3ly, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  13. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Update: Ow.

14. Skellington

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nipple piercings hurt like a :***: – my girlfriend (who is a prof. piercer) did mine and I kicked her in the shin (which I probably wouldn't have done to a piercer who wasn't my girlfriend). She's never had anyone think it wasn't worth the pain though.

She always recommends people start out with a straight barbell because they heal better/faster – and then you can switch it out for a ring after 3 months (if I remember correctly). I ended up taking mine out just over a year after I got it done because the original barbell was too long by then (they usually put a bigger one in at first to accommodate the swelling) and I kept snagging it. I could've just gotten a new barbell, but eh, decided the piercing wasn't for me.

You can get clear 'band-aid' type things that are used for minor burns at a pharmacy, I recommend getting a couple to make sure that the piercing doesn't snag on any clothing items just the first couple of days after getting it done.

Oh, and she's always recommended people sleep in a clean t-shirt or a tank the first few days after getting one done – less chance of it snagging on the duvets and clean :slight_smile:

At the end of the day, listen to what your piercer says about after-care and don't pick at it too much. There's crusting at first while it's healing – clean that off in the shower and make sure your fingers aren't dirty :slight_smile:

Oh, and never use those alcohol hand sanitizes to clean your piercings, dries them out. Scent-free anti-bacterial soap is best and if you get what you suspect is an infection, make a saline solution to clean it (kosher salt in warm water).

15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ Thanks so much! I got a straight barbell, and the piercer gave me sea salt and instructions on how to take care of it. It was a bitch to get, but the worst is over now.

16. Taylor1985

I have both nipples, 2 in my tongue, 1 in my lip and 12 in my ears.... I love them all :slight_smile:

17. KayJay

Oh good, I was going to post to suggest the barbell over rings, at least for healing.

Be careful! Piercings are addicting lol.

18. Tatas44

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yay for You! I've always wanted to get both nipples done. :slight_smile:

19. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I got them when I was 16 by using my sisters ID since she was 20 and I wasn't legally allowed to get pierced without my parents consent. THANK YOU SIS!

Anyways, I went with a group of guys at the time and watched them get their tongues pierced before having my nipples done. Let me just say they cried like babies. When it was my turn, it didn't fret, and the pain was minimal.

I have been pierced before, so I know it feels like a pinch. The pain is really afterwards during the healing time. Right after your nipples ache and feel very sensitive but that will subside. I love that I have them pierced however I can say that I never wear bra's (I a have a full A cup so I don't need too) so when you can see my nipple outline through a shirt the piercings make it look like at have weird nipples. But hey I don't care!

Also get pierced with a straight barbell and wear a loose shirt afterwards! I can't say if I lost feeling (sexually) in my nipples or not, quite possibly.

Good luck!