1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bodybuilders/weight lifters, help!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mrcake, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Mrcake

Hello everyone! I have been working out really hard at the gym and following a cutting diet. This includes about 150g of protein per day, 190g of carbs, 52 ish of fats. I make sure to eat complex carbohydrates and drink at least 80 fluid ounces of water per day, but I have been extremely gassy. I take digestive advantage to help with my lactose intolerance (it has taken away my lactose digestive issues.) I have read online that protein consumption causes gas, but I am still a bit confused. I would think that working out and a lot of water would help with digestion. Does anyone have any similar issues/ideas as to why this happens? I was a nutrition major and the recommended protein consumption is .8g/kg of body weight, so I am almost doubling that, but all bodybuilders consume a lot of protein --- they have less carbs, so the calories have to come from somewhere.

2. Mrcake

No replies thus far?

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Mr. Cake,

I started working out about 2 weeks ago, and the general consensus is that it is best to put aside any special or protein-rich diets and just to eat more generally, while ensuring that you have sufficient fiber and water. That means more veggies and other high-fiber foods.

Fact is, if you are working out, you need your carbs for fuel, protein can be used as fuel, but the by-products that accumulate are not great.

Just eat more as you build your body, eat when you are hungry, let your body be your guide.