1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freaky migraines

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by RadioRoss, Jan 2, 2015.

1. RadioRoss

I get headaches/migraines quite often from stress and because it simply runs in the family. As much as that sucks, something really freaky happened when i got a migraine yesterday. What happened was that I laying down, watching youtube videos on my laptop, when my headache started to get worse and worse, which isnt anything strange at all. I figured that if it got unbearable, id ask my mom for some advil or something like that. I started feeling nauseous as the migraine got worse, and by then i didnt want to move in fear that the movement would make the migraine worse or that id throw up. Then, my mom called me downstairs, because some family had arrived for a small party. I said hi, sat down on the couch, and chatted with my cousin for a bit, trying to hide the fact that i seriously felt like someone was punching me on my forehead over and over again. Then, what got really strange, was that my eyesight got blurry, and got this sort of yellow tinge to it. One small area in my field of vision started to get this pixelated look, like when an old tube TV makes the static noise and goes black and white, only instead of just black and white, i saw blue and green. I probably saw other colors, but i cant really remember. I was starting to freak out, when my left hand started to go numb, seriously numb. I felt it and thought that maybe the house was just too cold, but no, my hand had just gone numb. I felt even more nauseous. I laid down on the couch and fell asleep for about 30 minutes, until i had to wake up, and I took some medicine. When i had woken up, my left hand was back to normal, and my eyesight was back to normal. I still have a slight headache now, but that's just how it is with migraines.

Something that's pretty weird too though, is that this has happened once before, almost a year ago, with the exact same strange things, in pretty much that order. Has anyone experienced this before, or is there anyone who could explain this?

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    migraines are horrid and can also distort vision when they are very bad… hope you don't get another

maybe relaxation techniques is something you can look in to

3. White Knight

Yes, distortion on eye sight are side effects of some migraine attakcs.

Mine are usually consist headache and vomit cycle unless I take pills at the first sight of headache. Sometimes I get shivers or numbing feeling running slowly from my feet to my head.

You did good by sleeping. If you feel like an attack is coming try to minimize your dangerous actions like climbing/going down the stairs, traveling in open areas especially ones near the heavy traffick roads.

If you get those attacks in increasing size/number please see a doctor. They will probably give you some meds to avoid the trouble. I don't know if it is only me but in this age I get less and less attacks, maybe once or twice at year. In your age they were very frightening tho' and very frequent.

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I get migraines, I get blurred and/or dotty vision - kind of like this: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/qVFIcF9lyk8/hqdefault.jpg

They're awful, and the best thing to do is sleep them off. My vision is always the first sign that I'm getting a migraine, so I go into a darkened room and sleep. They always disappear when I wake up.

5. RadioRoss

Thanks...if i do keep on getting them, ill see if i can go to a doctor.

---------- Post added 2nd Jan 2015 at 08:34 AM ----------

that photo is pretty accurate of what i see too...thanks :slight_smile: