1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick and Not Knowing

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by willycubed28, Jan 2, 2015.

1. willycubed28

So, I need some support you guys. For the past four months I feel like my health is declining. I have no health insurance because I cannot afford it. I have this feeling that something is wrong with me. I have these sharp pains that hit me suddenly in my head and then go away. I also have sharp pains in my side as well, and then they go away. Not only that I have been getting chest pains, shortness of breath to where I feel like I cannot breathe. I have shooting pains that go up and down my right and left arm. I am 29 years old, and I feel tired all the time. I don't know what to do since I have no insurance. I cannot afford the medical bill either. What should I do?

2. forestguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, nowadays in the US, you have to have health insurance if you're over 24 or they'll tack on a penalty to your taxes. If you've got computer and internet access (I guess you must if you're on EC lol), you can sign up for Obamacare, but I don't know if the enrollment period is still open. If you're really broke, you can look into Medicaid, which you can sign up for any time of year. Those should cover for all or a large portion of the cost of seeing a doctor. I have Obamacare and because my income was really small last year, I didn't have to pay anything for basic health insurance. That said, it was hard to find a doctor that would accept my plan, so it's definitely not perfect, but then again I live in a small town.You might also look into county/city low-cost health clinics. This is what our government social services are for, so don't be shy in using them. HTH

3. Maeve

Start here: https://www.healthcare.gov
    Try to find a low-cost or community clinic.

If you make less than $1,333 (I think, the website wasn't clear) a month, you may qualify for medicaid.

#3 Maeve, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015