1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was that a panic attack or something?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lear, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Lear

I had a really strange and unpleasant experience this weekend. :-| I had a telephone conversation with my ex and it escalated and basically ended with her telling me to go and fuck myself and then just hanging up on me. After this conversation I was completely overreacting, I was feeling like I couldn't breathe properly and I had to throw up multiple times. Two hours later I was still shaking. I have had arguments with peopleabefore, especially with my ex, but usually I just get upset and go for a walk or listen to very loud music and then I'm ok again. I have so completely overreacted and I still don't feel completely fine. I'm feeling kind of wired and breathing still feels a bit harder than usual. I don't know why this happened. Do you think it could have been something like a panic attack? I don't know if I should just forget about it or if it would help if I talked with someone about the argument.

2. It very well might have been a panic attack. I have panic attacks and that sounds like how mine feel sometimes. If you notice that you get them again, it might be best to bring up to a parent or a healthcare professional. However, they might try to put you on anti-anxiety medication and when it comes to those, I suggest you read up on them carefully and decide whether or not they are worth taking. In my case, medication was recommended and I decided to go on without them and I am doing just fine. Not saying that you should do what I did, just make sure that you are doing what's best for you.

3. AnnoNemus

I've had panic attacks that were that bad, and some that were worse. They really suck, but it's nothing to be overly alarmed about, provided it doesn't happen frequently. That being said, I would still recommend that you talk with someone if you can. The panic attack itself might be nothing to worry about, but clearly the root cause is quite the opposite.

4. unloved

unloved Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Lear, I suffer from anxiety and have panic attacks a lot !! I will tell you this from what I have experienced. I would normally say not to worry about it however U need to be careful tho ,I did nothing about mine for the longest time and figured oh it is nothing to worry about until I ended up in the hospital one day thinking I was having a heart attack
    !!! Let me tell you that scared the crap out of me !! I am not saying that you need to go the doctor and get pills I am only saying please be careful and if you start having this happen to you I would think about getting some help . Maybe it is just a one time thing I hope it is .Please let me know if you want to talk more about it I would be glad to . Thanks for reading and have a great day

5. Lear

Thanks a lot for your replies! (&&&)

I'm still confused as to why this happened... I don't get stressed out easily and I never had issues with anxiety. :-| Maybe this was my subconsciousness telling me to get out of this unhealthy relationship or something...