1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair loss?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by steveo, Oct 25, 2008.

1. steveo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Today I noticed when I ran my fingers through my hair a few hairs would come out every time and then when I took a shower today like 20 hairs fell out when I was shampooing my hair. Is it normal to experience hair loss at such an early age? I think I'm gonna have my Mom schedule a doctors appointment for it but in the mean time does anyone know what could cause this to happen?

2. Grantious

ur 16 i wouldn't worry too much at all, its average hair loss is over 60 i THINK, i cant remember exactly so don't worry babe.
    xo

3. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I shed all the time. Especially in the shower. It's no big deal.

4. Myke

Myke Guest

its normal for hair to fall out, how much, i dont know
    a friend of mine has had a receding hair line since he was like 14

5. Jace

i'm pretty sure that you lose about 100 hairs on average everyday

6. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lose hairs all the time, especially in the shower because I don't really brush my hair all that often, it's long but really straight and I have it up in a pony tail all day so it doesn't have time or opportunity to get tangled so I don't bother "fixing something that's not broke"...
    Increased hair loss though, especially at younger ages can be caused by increased stress over a longer period of time (one really stressful day won't make you bald, but many (weeks to months) will have a toll on thickness)

7. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

someone i knew in college is bald now. i met him freshman year and gradually his hair went *poof*

8. KaraBulut

Shedding hair is normal. It can occur from pressure exerted on the hair follicle during brushing or showering or from wearing caps that are too tight. After the hair falls out, in most cases another hair will replace it. As long as you are otherwise healthy and you are eating a healthy diet, there is no reason to be concerned by loss of a small number of hairs.

Men who have a family history of baldness will begin to have thinning of the hair above their forehead that will begin in their twenties. It's very rare to have hair loss begin in the mid teens.