1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body hair attractive or unattractive?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by CyberScream, Jan 15, 2015.

1. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wasn't sure if this is right for this category. But It is technically a a matter with all of our physical bodies so... yeah.

This has been bothering me ever since I was 19. I've always had a problem with my body hair. I know it's a natural thing and genetics are involved and blah blah blah. But I hate it. I find it disgustingly unattractive. But it just gets time consuming to maintain it all the time. If I had my choice in the matter, I'd prefer to be naturally no hair. Where it doesn't grow back. Hairless.

I like the men I date to be hairless as well. For obvious reasons... of course. But when I look in the mirror of my shower door, I just feel so ugly. I mean, I know I am a decent looking guy, but it's when the clothes come off and I just can't bare to look at myself confidently.

Does anybody else find body hair attractive or unattractive? And is it something some of you struggle with too? Some women have body hair hair, whether it's legs, arms, or pubic, you are welcome post up as well if you have problems with it.

2. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

Actually, if the person is well-groomed, then it wouldn't matter for me. Though I do shave down there, because whenever the hair grew too long, it was uncomfortable for me.

3. Lazuri

I think it's really unattractive. Doesn't matter if it's a guy or a girl, hair that's not on top of your head is unattractive to me.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really is a matter of preference. I'm pretty hairy and use a trimmer roughly once a month to keep things neat, but I don't bother shaving. I actually like body hair.

5. thevenerable

Southeast Asia - yeah it's not just South and East
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Only if it's well-groomed. If it's trimmed regularly. I don't shave, I trim.

6. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mind body hair on myself, on others - not so much. It's one of my biggest insecurities...

And, the problem with body hair is that, armpits and down there hair holds sweat, and it's understandable that it is unhygienic... so, it's better to shave such areas, or trim it.

7. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find it a great handicap when it comes to my own looks. I get rid of it wherever people don't see, but I'd have it all gone if I could do that. The problem is, people would suddenly notice that it's gone from me. I've been trying to find out what kind of excuses I can say to "justify" the lack of body hair.
    Luckily I don't have as much as it could be so better than nothing I guess. I'd be willing to spend the time keeping it down if the aforementioned problem didn't exist. I find that whatever I can remove makes me feel a lot more comfortable and it feels so bad that I can't do it for everywhere else too.

As for on someone else... I would expect to shave at least the pubic, but the more, the better.

8. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We think alike on this subject.

It's just an insecurity that bothers me. But also, if I get a lover sometime in the future, I don't want them getting all bent out of shape because of my personal preference, or vise versa.

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think It's attractive; specifically pubic hair on women and I wouldn't date anyone who got rid of it. I'd prefer armpit hair gone, and I'm indifferent to leg hair.

10. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On myself, the hair that bothers me most is that on my face and my torso. Leg hair not so much, though I have started shaving there. I wouldn't mind thinning the hair on my arms, but I'm not out yet, and that doesn't really bother me anyway.

11. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Body hair isn't my cup of tea but i do love some happy trails...

12. AKTodd

Re: Body hair attractive or unattractive

Love body hair on myself and others. When I discovered I was growing fuzz on my back a couple years ago,I felt great all day and wanted to go out and kill a mammoth or something:grin: Not sure it's possible for a guy to be too hairy for my tastes. Don't care about grooming or trimming.

Todd

13. Rainbows~Exist

I find it attractive if it is neatly trimmed and under control. If it's like a jungle on your body then no thanks :slight_smile:

14. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I find body hair unattractive. I will not date a hairy guy, and my partner must shave everything except their head.

As for myself, I shave everything, and when I go on T I will still shave everything. Luckily my father isn't very hairy (compared to some other Western males I've seen...), so I won't be growing fur or anything.

15. Hiems

I think body hair is generally a plus on guys :grin:

However, body hair on the back would preferably be shaved. Everywhere else is fine with me, especially forearms and legs :icon_redf

16. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Re: Body hair attractive or unattractive

Count me in for the mammoth hunt. Hair grooming/trimming used to be one source of pain and stress, but not anymore, since I found out... I'm a wolf!! (!)

Don't care if others are hairy, more power to hair (!) ... Hair the musical (!) ... Love is in the hair (!)... Viva le Hair (!) ...
    ... There is only one exception : Don't like kissing people with full beards. And it's just practical to shave a bit down there for obvious reasons. The rest... Be as hairy as you like.

#16 Michael, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  17. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got hair on my shoulders, neck, back, legs, ahem (butt) *sneezes*, chest. Stomach. I mean damn... all over. It really bothers me. I mean... it's there but it's not like a forest or anything. But it is notable. Arm hair doesn't bother me. Nor does armpit hair. Or facial hair. It's been around since I was 18. I miss my twinky looking self when I was in high school! :tears:

18. soulcatcher

Doesn't matter to me.

19. MrSkittles

As long as it isn't "down there" and the body hair is trimmed its ok with m.

20. Thranduil

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I like body hair. Look at Chris Evans, Jake Gyllenhaal etc. I find it quite sexy actually but I wouldn't want a forest. :grin: