1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About friends

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by kakich, Jan 15, 2015.

1. kakich

kakich Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you have more gay friends or straight friends? Who do you prefer and why?

I, personally, have only straight friends (unfortunately) and it's ok..but I sometimes miss the conversation about sex and girls I would have with a lesbian friend. Beside that, I love gays, I find them really sweet and funny, although I don't have such friends in my crowd.

Do you girls, like gay friends?
    Do you guys, like lesbian friends?

2. Lyana

In high school I had more (closeted) gay and bi friends than straight. Probably had something to do with hanging out with the outcasts, to be honest.

These days I have more straight friends than gay or bi, which I think is normal since there are more straight people in general. I still have a few gay-lesbian-bi friends, acquaintances and classmates, though, so all good.

I don't prefer one friend over another based on their orientation, and I don't think gay people are funnier than straight people (I'm more of a personality person myself, I don't focus on someone's orientation), but I do think if I had friends of only one orientation I would probably feel like I was missing out on something. I like being able to talk about girls with a lesbian friend. It's more fun than doing it with straight girls -- I don't have to worry about making anyone uncomfortable.

You know, living in Paris, it might not be extremely hard for you to meet gay and lesbian people. If you really feel like you want LGBT people to hang out with.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't think I have any straight friends anymore; well friend friends anyway. I just have straight acquaintances and family. My best friend is an aro ace and that works out fine.

I prefer gay friends usually because we can talk about similar subjects, but I'm also ok with a lot of straight girls because there's no sexual tension in our friendships.

4. kakich

kakich Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, Lyana and Fallingdown7! :slight_smile:
    And yes, it's not a problem to meet gay people here, but I've been living in France for a short period, I'm originally from Sofia (Bulgaria), where the society is still not accepting gay people that well.