1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel anxious after eating pasta

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Sapphire, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

Possible gluten allergy? I have no idea why this happens, other things that contain gluten usually aren't a problem for me. Strangely, a cup of coffee makes me feel more "zen" if I just have it with milk. I think almonds also make me feel anxious when I eat a lot of them, but as of now I can dismiss that as a coincidence. Also, I'm 21 and I heard that around my age people's body chemistry can change suddenly, so I'm wondering if that may have anything to do with it. Any thoughts?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well what kind of pasta ?
    Spaghetti, cooked yourself?
    You could try making a sauce of your own, or try some pesto, or go with a very simple reciple like with a sauce made of oil and garlic or onions...

There are a lot of different pasta. With different ingredients and different sauces.

You could try organic ones for a change...

If in doubt you could try really small portions...

have you looked at what the list of ingredients says with the ones you had last time ?

(*hug*)

3. kakich

kakich Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think it a gluten intolerance, because your symptom would't only be anxiety. Beside that - some sorts coffee contain gluten too.
    There are different type of foods and different ways of body reactions. Some foods can make you feel sleepy, some can make you feel energetic, some can make to sexual. And everything is very subjective. It's actually good for you to notice these reactions.
    P.s. If you have such problems again - better visit your GP.

4. Mrcake

It would be nice if you could try and provide more information. I was a nutrition major before changing to food science. I may be able to provide some insight. Do you only feel this way after you eat pasta? Have you tried eating different brands of pasta? You could also possibly be intolerant of some ingredient in the pasta or the pasta sauce. Think of all possible things that give you this feeling, and then try to give some more accurate info.