1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insecurities

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ANewDawn, Jan 15, 2015.

1. ANewDawn

So... I'm a complete virgin. There are many reasons for this but I feel like I'm ready to be in a relationship now. The only problem is I can't imagine feeling comfortable exposing my entire body to someone else. I'm so critical of my flaws and probably anyone else would be too. I'm also scared that when it comes I the other person I'll be just as critical. How do I deal with this?:confused:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations on telling your parents.

This critical stuff is a part of beauty culture.
    You might avoid things that cater to it... comparisons... super sleek models... etc...

Well its all in your head.
    You might see your body as something very special and precious... think about it, its unique...
    just stop comparing, or looking for flaws, and start appreciating...
    the feelings you have when taking a bath, for example...
    just feel comfortable with yourself.

Do you have one of those mirrors that magnify ?
    Its the same with the things you perceive as flaws.
    You feel it magnified, other people don't even notice.

Same with your view of other people. Don't have too high standards... a nice personality is at least equally important.
    And have a benign eye, so you can both relax and have a good time.

(*hug*)

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everybody looks different. Everybody has flaws. Everyone. If they're the right person and they want you, any perceived flaws aren't going to be noticed in the heat of the moment.

4. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Amazing advice jay :thumbsup:....OP if you think you are imperfect, just know that your partner or anyone you will ever meet is insecure and equally flawed, but still we are all unique. We are so preoccupied by our own flaws, we miss the details that make us special. I think everybody is so worried about their own insecurities they don't see them in others. To someone else, you are the utter definition of beauty. To them, you are the person that tells them how special they are. Never let your fears stop you from being happy. (*hug*)