1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay sauna...experiences?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jerry36, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Jerry36

Eey dudes, i am thinking about going to a gay sauna.

What are your experiences? Is there something i should know? Do you just go after the guy you like or...

All bits help

Thanks

2. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never been to one. Let me know how it goes. I'm kind of interested now. Thanks to the thread, I have never thought about it before.

3. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I hear most are closing out

4. iBlaze

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow that sounds like a great place to catch an STD.

5. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well..... OMG, how embarrassing. iBlaze is right. But the embarrassing part is that I have been to them, and I really love them. I haven't been to one in years, but that's more a factor of availability. As The Virgo says, most of them are closing out. A lot of them shut down during the worst days of HIV epidemic, and often were shut down by the cities.
    But gosh, there still out there. And there is a spectrum, I guess, of what you can do there. The first thing that I really enjoyed there was all the "eye candy." The fact that I could sit in the hot tub, or in the steam room, or anywhere else and just see all the beautiful male bodies walking around and showing all. That in itself was just a phenomenally good experience. In the saunas, there was a good amount of oral going on. I haven't been in any where there were guys fucking out in front of everyone, but that's where the greatest risk is, of course. So, remember safer sex. A lot of them provide condoms etc. Check that out. and if they don't, be sure to bring your own. Be safe, and have fun. and feel free to ask me any follow on questions.

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only ones here are in really bad neighborhoods.

7. Jerry36

Thanks wildside,

I was wondering how it goes because i am such a nitwit about this matter.
    I was wondering is there some sort of code when you like someone? Or you just go for it? And if someone wants you but you dont want him?

8. Wildside

Wildside Guest

the comment about the bad neighborhoods is a good point too. don't have anything more in your wallet than absolutely necessary. have good situational awareness as you go from or to your car. just common sense.
    As far as how you connect, well usually erections and stroking are a good way that people communicate. eye contact. and then pretty much going for it. Most importantly, no means no. never make anyone tell you more than once that they are not interested. that will happen with words, hand gestures, or actions. and people are all pretty sensitive to that too, because nobody wants to be embarrassed. I have never come across someone who kept insisting after being told no, but if it happens I would tell him in a loud voice that others can hear, and would go to the managers/desk to tell them that someone is bothering you. but honestly, I've NEVER had that kind of a problem.
    I have had some phenomenal experiences in bathhouses. For anyone who doesn't get into that scene, I understand. But for those of us who like to take a walk on the wild side, it's a blast! (!)(!!)(!)

9. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The really bad neighbourhoods are always the most interesting. :icon_wink

10. Wildside

Wildside Guest

:roflmao: funny, but SO true!

11. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know the worst areas of Detroit that everyone pictures in their head? That is where they are. They are areas run down and full of gang bangers.

12. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You say gang bangers in a thread about a gay bathhouse... So many jokes to pick from....

13. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LOL...you got me. :wink:

14. Wildside

Wildside Guest

yeah, I had noticed that you were from Michigan, and figured that was why you were saying what you did about the bad areas. Actually, in Dallas the gayborhood is the best part of the city. Also, I went to a nice bathhouse in Jacksonville, Florida and I didn't think it was a bad neighborhood. It seemed like parking was somewhat limited, but I always got there before the crowds and found a spot. when I would leave, though, the lot was always 100 percent full. I always had a good time there, very relaxing and a lot of fun. and you could do as much or as little as you wanted. some guys just use the weight machines, watch t.v., or chill in the hot tub. others oral. some guys with their doors open and laying there waiting for more. but know the risks and take the right precautions, because some folks take none at all.

15. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always wanted a group of uninhibited thugs to have their way with me. :icon_bigg

I've never been to a sauna, but there I know the location of one - actually located in the priciest area of the city. Maybe I should pay a visit.

16. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The main one (I believe there are a few) in Chicago is right in BoysTown, which is actually one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the city--definitely nothing seedy about it. I mean you probably don't want to tell your mother about what goes on inside, but the neighborhood's fine.

17. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, Detroit changed a lot not just in the 60's but also greatly in the 70's and 80's due to cocaine. All three of the bath houses were built in the 70's. Two are located along 8 Mile which was like our old red light district in addition to being crime-ridden for the last 2-3 decades. The other is in the heart of the hood not too far from "black bottom". I know, another joke...

I really need to get to Chicago once in my life. It's kind of weird being from MI and never getting there. Also, congrats on your full membership, OGS.

18. Wildside

Wildside Guest

such a great topic. I'm going to have to go to the bathhouse in Dallas later this week!

19. soulcatcher

Is there anything wrong with general saunas?

20. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, if all's your looking for is a hot room to sweat in, a general sauna is fine. but there is more to a gay bathhouse than what's going on in a general sauna. so it depends what you're looking for